G H Sguazza
Affiliation: Universidad Nacional de La Plata
- Expression of the hemagglutinin HA1 subunit of the equine influenza virus using a baculovirus expression systemGuillermo H Sguazza
Department of Virology, Faculty of Veterinary Sciences, National University of La Plata, La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina Electronic address
Rev Argent Microbiol 45:222-8. 2013..Preliminary results show that recombinant hemagglutinin expressed from baculovirus elicits a strong antibody response in mice; therefore it could be used as an antigen for subunit vaccines and diagnostic tests. ..
- Complete genome amplification of equine influenza virus subtype 2G H Sguazza
Catedra de Virologia, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Rev Argent Microbiol 41:207-11. 2009..This detection assay might be a valuable tool for diagnosis and screening of field samples as well as for conducting molecular studies...
- Protective effects of intranasal immunization with recombinant glycoprotein d in pregnant BALB/c mice challenged with different strains of equine herpesvirus 1N A Fuentealba
Department of Virology, School of Veterinary Sciences, National University of La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina National Scientific and Technical Research Council CONICET CCT La Plata Electronic address
J Comp Pathol 151:384-93. 2014..Immunized mice and their offspring had no viral infection or typical lesions. Intranasally administered gD therefore induced partial or complete protection against three different EHV-1 strains in BALB/c mice. ..
- First molecular detection of co-infection of honey bee viruses in asymptomatic Bombus atratus in South AmericaF J Reynaldi
Department of Virology, Faculty of Veterinary Sciences, National University of La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Braz J Biol 73:797-800. 2013....
- Effects of different anesthetics in the murine model of EHV-1 infectionM L Eöry
Department of General Pathology, School of Veterinary Sciences, National University of La Plata, La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Vet Pathol 50:849-56. 2013..It has been emphasized that anesthetics alone or their interactions with EHV-1 modify the response against the infection. An appropriate selection of the anesthetic during experimental studies is relevant to minimize wrong conclusions. ..
- Genomic and phylogenetic analysis of Argentinian Equid Herpesvirus 1 strainsG P Martin Ocampos
Department of Virology, School of Veterinary Sciences, National University of La Plata, 60 and 118, P O Box 296, 1900, La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Virus Genes 38:113-7. 2009..This study focuses on a very important aspect of evolution of Herpesviridae infecting perissodactyls and attempts to shed light on the evolution of symptoms, an issue of high clinical interest...