- Leptin has concentration and stage-dependent effects on embryonic development in vitroMuren Herrid
Animal Physiology, University of New England, Armidale NSW 2350, Australia
Reproduction 132:247-56. 2006....
- A shorter interval between irradiation of recipient testis and germ cell transplantation is detrimental to recovery of fertility in ramsM Herrid
CSIRO Food Futures National Research Flagship, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Int J Androl 34:501-12. 2011..The elevated inflammatory/immune reaction may be responsible, at least in part, for the reduced fertility and low libido observed in the rams that received cells 3 weeks post-irradiation...
- Irradiation enhances the efficiency of testicular germ cell transplantation in sheepMuren Herrid
CSIRO Livestock Industries, FD McMaster Laboratory, Armidale, New South Wales, Australia
Biol Reprod 81:898-905. 2009..This study represents the first report of the production of live progeny following testis germ cell transplantation using irradiated recipients in a livestock species...
- A comparison of methods for preparing enriched populations of bovine spermatogoniaMuren Herrid
CSIRO Food Futures National Research Flagship
Reprod Fertil Dev 21:393-9. 2009..Further, the combination of differential plating and other enrichment techniques may increase the purification efficiency of type A spermatogonia...
- Ontogeny of leptin and its receptor expression in mouse testis during the postnatal periodMuren Herrid
Animal Physiology, University of New England, Armidale, New South Wales, Australia
Mol Reprod Dev 75:874-80. 2008....
- Expression of promyelocytic leukaemia zinc-finger in ovine testis and its application in evaluating the enrichment efficiency of differential platingUyunbilig Borjigin
CSIRO Livestock Industries, FD McMaster Laboratory, Armidale, NSW 2350, Australia
Reprod Fertil Dev 22:733-42. 2010..The efficiency of isolation and/or enrichment of PLZF-positive cells appears to depend on the maturity of the testis and the neonatal testis is better suited for isolation of gonocytes and/or putative SSCs...
- Characterization of germ cells from pre-pubertal bull calves in preparation for germ cell transplantationMuren Herrid
CSIRO Food Futures National Research Flagship, CSIRO Livestock Industries, Armidale, NSW, 2350, Australia
Cell Tissue Res 330:321-9. 2007..These data should help to predict the yield and expected proportions of spermatogonia from three distinct stages of testis development in pre-pubertal bull calves...
- Large quantity cryopreservation of bovine testicular cells and its effect on enrichment of type A spermatogoniaEliza Redden
School of Environmental and Rural Science, University of New England, Armidale, NSW, Australia
Cryobiology 58:190-5. 2009..However, the cell surface properties of somatic cells appear to be affected by the freezing procedure and therefore the frozen/thawed cells are less suitable for enriching type A spermatogonia by differential plating...
- Depletion of testis cell populations in pre-pubertal Bos indicus cattle by irradiationMuren Herrid
CSIRO Food Futures National Research Flagship, Sydney, NSW 2113, Australia CSIRO Animal, Food and Health Sciences, FD McMaster Laboratory, Armidale, NSW 2350, Australia
Anim Reprod Sci 141:124-30. 2013....
- Application of testis germ cell transplantation in breeding systems of food producing species: a reviewMuren Herrid
a Center for Bioactive Discovery in Health and Aging, University of New England, Armidale, Australia
Anim Biotechnol 24:293-306. 2013..The current paper reviews and compares recent progress and examines the difficulties of TGCT in both livestock and aquatic species, thereby providing new insights into the application of TGCT in food producing animals. ..
- Leptin inhibits basal but not gonadotrophin-stimulated testosterone production in the immature mouse and sheep testisMuren Herrid
Centre for Bioactive Discovery in Health and Aging, University of New England, Armidale, NSW 2350, Australia
Reprod Fertil Dev 20:519-28. 2008..The physiological significance and mechanism of leptin regulation of basal testosterone production are not known; further studies are required to elucidate these important issues...
- Successful transplantation of bovine testicular cells to heterologous recipientsMuren Herrid
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Food Futures National Research Flagship, Locked Bag 1, Post Office, Armidale, New South Wales 2350, Australia
Reproduction 132:617-24. 2006..These results indicate that allogeneic transplantation of testicular cells can occur between Bos taurus and Bos indicus cattle. Further studies will investigate functionality of transferred testicular cells...
- Effect of passive immunization against leptin on ovarian follicular development in prepubertal miceShalini Panwar
Centre for Bioactive Discovery in Health and Aging, University of New England, Armidale, NSW 2351, Australia
J Reprod Immunol 96:19-24. 2012....