Affiliation: University of Melbourne
- Glycogen synthase kinase 3β and activin/nodal inhibition in human embryonic stem cells induces a pre-neuroepithelial state that is required for specification to a floor plate cell lineageMark Denham
Centre for Neuroscience Research, Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Australia
Stem Cells 30:2400-11. 2012....
- Gli1 is an inducing factor in generating floor plate progenitor cells from human embryonic stem cellsMark Denham
Centre for Neuroscience, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Australia
Stem Cells 28:1805-15. 2010..This study demonstrates that GLI1 is a determinant of FP specification in hESC and describes a highly robust and efficient in vitro model system that mimics the ventral neural tube organizer...
- Transcriptional regulation and specification of neural stem cellsKimberly J Christie
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Centre for Neuroscience Research, Melbourne Brain Centre, Royal Parade, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Melbourne, Vic, 3010, Australia
Adv Exp Med Biol 786:129-55. 2013....
- Neural differentiation of induced pluripotent stem cellsMark Denham
Centre for Neuroscience, Department of Pharmacology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Vic, Australia
Methods Mol Biol 793:99-110. 2011....
- Neurons derived from human embryonic stem cells extend long-distance axonal projections through growth along host white matter tracts after intra-cerebral transplantationMark Denham
Centre for Neuroscience, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Vic, Australia
Front Cell Neurosci 6:11. 2012..These findings illustrate the intrinsic capacity for neurons derived from human ES cells to integrate at a structural and functional level following transplantation...
- Signals involved in neural differentiation of human embryonic stem cellsMark Denham
Centre for Neuroscience, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Vic, Australia
Neurosignals 17:234-41. 2009..Understanding the signals involved in each of these stages is important for optimising methods to derive specific cell types for transplantation therapies, as well as for providing insight into the mechanisms of human neurogenesis...
- Multipotent caudal neural progenitors derived from human pluripotent stem cells that give rise to lineages of the central and peripheral nervous systemMark Denham
Department of Anatomy and Neurosciences, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Stem Cells 33:1759-70. 2015..Our studies are the first to identify a multipotent neural progenitor derived from hPSCs, that is the precursor for major neural lineages of the embryonic caudal neural tube...
- Extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 signaling promotes oligodendrocyte myelination in vitroJunhua Xiao
Centre for Neuroscience Research, The University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Neurochem 122:1167-80. 2012..Collectively, these data identify that Erk1/2 signaling within oligodendrocytes exerts an important and direct effect to promote myelination...