Affiliation: University of Western Australia
- The expression of tumor necrosis factor-alpha, its receptors and steroidogenic acute regulatory protein during corpus luteum regressionMichael Abdo
School of Anatomy and Human Biology, The University of Western Australia, 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, Western Australia 6009, Australia
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 6:50. 2008..Previous studies suggest this process occurs by the production of luteolytic factors, such as tumour necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha)...
- Function of caspase-14 in trophoblast differentiationLloyd J White
School of Anatomy and Human Biology, Faculty of Life and Physical Sciences, The University of Western Australia, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 7:98. 2009..It promotes keratinocyte differentiation by cleaving profilaggrin to stabilise keratin intermediate filaments, and indirectly providing hydration and UV protection. However its role in the trophoblast remains unexplored...
- Antioxidants mimic the ability of chorionic gonadotropin to suppress apoptosis in the rabbit corpus luteum in vitro: a novel role for superoxide dismutase in regulating bax expressionA M Dharmarajan
Department of Anatomy and Human Biology, University of Western Australia, Nedlands, Perth, Australia
Endocrinology 140:2555-61. 1999....
- SFRP-4 abrogates Wnt-3a-induced beta-catenin and Akt/PKB signalling and reverses a Wnt-3a-imposed inhibition of in vitro mammary differentiationThecla Constantinou
School of Anatomy and Human Biology, University of Western Australia, 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, Perth, 6009 Western Australia
J Mol Signal 3:10. 2008..We previously isolated the SFRP-4 gene from an involuting rat mammary gland and later showed that transgenic mice inappropriately expressing SFRP-4 during lactation exhibited a high level of apoptosis with reduced survival of progeny...
- Role of apoptosis in functional luteolysis in the pregnant rabbit corpus luteum: evidence of a role for placental-derived factors in promoting luteal cell survivalA M Dharmarajan
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Apoptosis 9:807-14. 2004..The data suggest that a factor(s) derived from the placenta may be responsible for the prolongation of CL life span during pregnancy by its ability to alter the bax:bcl -x rheostat and suppress apoptosis...
- Superoxide dismutase activity, lipid peroxide production and corpus luteum steroidogenesis during natural luteolysis and regression induced by oestradiol deprivation of the ovary in pseudopregnant rabbitsJ S Hesla
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, John Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205
J Reprod Fertil 95:915-24. 1992..These data suggest that Mn SOD may be involved in regulating function of the corpus luteum during pseudopregnancy in rabbits and that oxygen free radicals may play a role in regression of corpus luteum in this species...
- Inhibitors of caspase homologues suppress an apoptotic phenotype in cultured rabbit corpora luteaM A Abdo
Department of Anatomy and Human Biology, The University of Western Australia, Nedlands
Reprod Fertil Dev 13:395-403. 2001..The results of the present study clearly demonstrate a time-dependent link between the caspases, specifically caspase-3 and spontaneous apoptosis in the rabbit CL...
- Apoptosis in rat placenta is zone-dependent and stimulated by glucocorticoidsB J Waddell
Department of Anatomy and Human Biology, The University of Western Australia, Nedlands, Western Australia
Biol Reprod 63:1913-7. 2000..These data support the hypothesis that placental apoptosis is an important player in the regulation of feto-placental growth, and establish the rat as a useful model to study the endocrine control of placental apoptosis...
- Patterns of apoptosis in the corpora lutea of the rat during the oestrous cycle, pregnancy and in vitro cultureN W Bruce
Department of Anatomy and Human Biology, The University of Western Australia, Nedlands, Australia
Reprod Fertil Dev 13:105-9. 2001..However, rat CL clearly retain the potential for high rates of apoptosis and so present a useful model for examining molecular mechanisms of apoptotic cell death...
- Inhibition of nitric oxide synthesis potentiates apoptosis in the rabbit corpus luteumS Preutthipan
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Reprod Biomed Online 9:264-70. 2004..While NO does not appear to directly affect progesterone secretion, there does appear to be a role for NO in CL maintenance, or a role for inhibition of NO production in CL regression...
- The role of sFRP4, a secreted frizzled-related protein, in ovulationJ M Drake
School of Anatomy and Human Biology, The University of Western Australia, Crawley, WA, Australia
Apoptosis 8:389-97. 2003..This study demonstrates an association between sFRP4 and apoptosis in rat ovulation...
- The expression of apoptosis related genes in the first trimester human placenta using a short term in vitro modelA K Charles
Department of Pathology King Edward Memorial Hospital, University of Western Australia, Perth, Western Australia
Apoptosis 10:135-40. 2005..Cleavage of Caspase-3 rather than transcriptional regulation appears to be the main determinant of Caspase-3 activity in first trimester placental villi...
- Secreted frizzled-related protein 4: an angiogenesis inhibitorAjit Muley
AU KBC Research Center, Anna University, Chennai, India
Am J Pathol 176:1505-16. 2010..The data demonstrate sFRP4 to be a potent angiogenesis inhibitor that warrants further investigation as a therapeutic agent in the control of angiogenesis-associated pathology...
- Role of DDC-4/sFRP-4, a secreted frizzled-related protein, at the onset of apoptosis in mammary involutionM D Lacher
Department of Clinical Research, University of Berne, Tiefenaustrasse 120, CH 3004 Bern, Switzerland
Cell Death Differ 10:528-38. 2003..Taken together, our results show a role for DDC-4/sFRP-4 in abrogating an epithelial cell survival pathway at the onset of mammary gland involution...
- Apoptosis-associated gene expression in the corpus luteum of the ratK Guo
Department of Clinical Research, University of Berne, Switzerland
Biol Reprod 58:739-46. 1998....
- DDC-4, an apoptosis-associated gene, is a secreted frizzled relativeV Wolf
Department of Clinical Research, University of Berne, Switzerland
FEBS Lett 417:385-9. 1997..e. the ligand-binding domain, of the fizzled gene family originally defined as tissue polarity genes in Drosophila. The homology of Y81 clone 40 is most extensive with the newly described secreted frizzled relatives, the frzb subfamily...