M T Pedrini
Affiliation: University of Innsbruck
- Human triglyceride-rich lipoproteins impair glucose metabolism and insulin signalling in L6 skeletal muscle cells independently of non-esterified fatty acid levelsM T Pedrini
Clinical Department of Internal Medicine, Medical University of Innsbruck, Anichstrasse 35, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Diabetologia 48:756-66. 2005..The aim of this study was to investigate whether intact TGRL particles are capable of inducing insulin resistance...
- Postprandial lipaemia induces an acute decrease of insulin sensitivity in healthy men independently of plasma NEFA levelsM T Pedrini
Clinical Department of Internal Medicine, Medical University of Innsbruck, Anichstrasse 35, A 6020, Innsbruck, Austria
Diabetologia 49:1612-8. 2006..Typical Western diets cause postprandial lipaemia for 18 h per day. We tested the hypothesis that postprandial lipaemia decreases insulin sensitivity...
- Effect of postprandial lipemia on plasma concentrations of A-FABP, RBP-4 and visfatinC Ciardi
Department of Internal Medicine I, Medical University Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 20:662-8. 2010..Recent studies have shown that postprandial lipemia induces an acute state of insulin resistance. The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of postprandial lipemia on the plasma concentrations of A-FABP, RBP-4 and visfatin...
- Pioglitazone has direct effects on insulin sensitivity and intracellular lipid content in L6 skeletal muscle cellsM Kranebitter
Department of Internal Medicine I, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Horm Metab Res 42:987-90. 2010..We conclude that pioglitazone has direct insulin-sensitizing effects on the L6 skeletal muscle cell line, which are paralleled by a reduction in intramyocellular triglyceride accumulation...
- Olanzapine impairs glycogen synthesis and insulin signaling in L6 skeletal muscle cellsJ Engl
Clinical Department of Internal Medicine, Clinical Division of General Internal Medicine, Innsbruck, Austria
Mol Psychiatry 10:1089-96. 2005..We conclude that olanzapine impairs glycogen synthesis via inhibition of the classical insulin-signaling cascade and that this inhibitory effect may lead to the induction of insulin resistance in olanzapine-treated patients...