- Risk communication in the case of the Fukushima accident: Impact of communication and lessons to be learnedTanja Perko
Nuclear Science and Technology Studies, Institute for Environment, Health and Safety, Belgian Nuclear Research Centre SCK CEN, Mol, Belgium
Integr Environ Assess Manag 12:683-6. 2016..Integr Environ Assess Manag 2016;12:683-686. © 2016 SETAC. ..
- Units related to radiation exposure and radioactivity in mass media: the Fukushima case study in Europe and RussiaT Perko
Nuclear Science and Technology Studies, Institute for Environment Health and Safety, Belgian Nuclear Research Centre SCK CEN, Boeretang 200, Mol B 2400, Belgium
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 164:154-9. 2015..The paper concludes with some practical guidelines for sound public communication about radiation risks. ..
- Radiation risk perception: a discrepancy between the experts and the general populationTanja Perko
Belgian Nuclear Research Centre SCK CEN, Boeretang 200, B 2400 Mol, Belgium Electronic address
J Environ Radioact 133:86-91. 2014..The study demonstrates that the discrepancy in risk perception and the communication gap between the experts and the general population presents a big challenge in understanding each other. ..
- Is knowledge important? Empirical research on nuclear risk communication in two countriesTanja Perko
SCK CEN, Belgian Nuclear Research Centre, Mol, Belgium
Health Phys 102:614-25. 2012..The results in both case studies suggest that effective risk communication has to focus not only on knowledge but also on other more heuristic predictors, such as risk perception or attitudes toward communicated risks...
- Importance of risk communication during and after a nuclear accidentTanja Perko
University of of Antwerp, Prinsstraat 13, 2000 Antwerpen, Belgium
Integr Environ Assess Manag 7:388-92. 2011..This article addresses the main communication challenges and suggests possible risk communication approaches to adopt in the case of a nuclear accident...