Affiliation: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Contribution of inflammation and impaired angiogenesis to the pathobiology of chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertensionRozenn Quarck
Respiratory Division, Dept of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Eur Respir J 46:431-43. 2015..These findings suggest that inflammation and impaired angiogenesis could contribute to the progression of the disease. ..
- NF-κB pathway is involved in CRP-induced effects on pulmonary arterial endothelial cells in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertensionMarijke Wynants
Respiratory Division, Dept of Clinical and Experimental Medicine KU Leuven, Onderwijs and Navorsing 1 Box 706, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 305:L934-42. 2013..PDTC did not inhibit the CRP-induced secretion of vWF. These results suggest an involvement of the NF-κB pathway in mediating different effects of CRP on proximal CTEPH-PAEC. ..
- Characterization of proximal pulmonary arterial cells from chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension patientsRozenn Quarck
Center for Pulmonary Vascular Diseases, Respiratory Disease Department, Katholieke Universiteit and Universitaire Ziekenhuizen Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Respir Res 13:27. 2012..Our present objective was to characterize PASMC and PAEC from large arteries of CTEPH patients and investigate their potential involvement in vascular remodeling...
- C-reactive protein: a new predictor of adverse outcome in pulmonary arterial hypertensionRozenn Quarck
Center for Pulmonary Vascular Diseases, Pneumology Department, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Am Coll Cardiol 53:1211-8. 2009..Our aim was to investigate in a prospective study a potential role of C-reactive protein (CRP) in predicting the outcome in pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) and chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH)...
- Amorphous silica nanoparticles promote monocyte adhesion to human endothelial cells: size-dependent effectDorota Napierska
Department of Public Health, Center for Environment and Health, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Small 9:430-8. 2013..It is concluded that exposure of human endothelial cells to amorphous silica nanoparticles enhances their adhesive properties. This process is modified by the size of the nanoparticle and the presence of other co-cultured cells...
- Measurement of right ventricular pressure by telemetry in conscious moving rabbitsAlicja Ronisz
Respiratory Division, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Lab Anim 47:175-183. 2013..To conclude, implantable radiotelemetry methodology can be safely used to continuously monitor RVP in conscious rabbits...
- Effect of adenovirus-mediated gene transfer of nitric oxide synthase on vascular reactivity of rat isolated pulmonary arteriesLeifu Jiang
Department of Pneumology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Pflugers Arch 452:213-21. 2006..eNOS seems as efficient as iNOS in regulating pulmonary vascular tone...