Múcio Flávio Barbosa Ribeiro
Affiliation: Belo Horizonte
- Ultrastructure of Babesia bigemina gametes obtained in "in vitro" erythrocyte culturesM F Ribeiro
Departamento de Parasitologia, Instituto de Ciências Biológicas Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Vet Parasitol 76:19-25. 1998..These morphologically distinct parasites were found to adhere to each other, with later fusion of their membranes. No nuclear fusion was observed. The ultrastructure of the sexual stages was described...
- Failure of the Amblyomma cajennense nymph to become infected by Theileria equi after feeding on acute or chronically infected horsesMúcio F B Ribeiro
Departamento de Parasitologia, ICB UFMG, Belo Horizonte, Av Antonio Carlos, 6627 Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Exp Parasitol 128:324-7. 2011..Histopathological analysis failed to detect sporoblast and sporozoites of T. equi in salivary gland acini. This study was not able to observe infection of the A. cajennense by T. equi...
- Babesia bigemina: in vitro multiplication of sporokinetes in Ixodes scapularis (IDE8) cellsMúcio F B Ribeiro
Departamento de Parasitologia, ICB UFMG, Belo Horizonte, Av Antonio Carlos 6627, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Exp Parasitol 122:192-5. 2009..Microscopic morphological details are shown to describe the development of the parasite in the tick cells; the identity of the parasite was confirmed by a duplex PCR method...
- Natural co-infection of Babesia caballi and Encephalitozoon-like microsporidia in the tick Anocentor nitens (Acari: Ixodidae)Múcio F B Ribeiro
Departamento de Parasitologia, Instituto de Ciências Biológicas UFMG, C P 486 Belo Horizonte, CEP 31270 901, Minas Gerais, Brazil
J Invertebr Pathol 93:183-5. 2006..caballi were found and also in some neighbour cells. They presented different morphological stages, suggesting a sequential phases of development...
- Epidemiological aspects of Babesia equi in horses in Minas Gerais, BrazilM F Ribeiro
Departamento de Parasitologia, ICB UFMG, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Vet Res Commun 23:385-90. 1999..equi antibodies were detected in horses of all ages, but with a significantly lower prevalence in animals less than 6 months old...
- Pathogenesis of reproductive failure induced by Trypanosoma vivax in experimentally infected pregnant ewesTaciana M F Silva
Department of Animal Sciences, Federal Rural University of the Semiarid UFERSA, Av, Francisco Mota 572, Mossoró, RN, 59625 900, Brazil
Vet Res 44:1. 2013..Histological lesion in the fetuses and placenta also suggest the involvement of the parasite in the etiopathogenesis of reproductive failure in ewes...
- New species of Ehrlichia isolated from Rhipicephalus (Boophilus) microplus shows an ortholog of the E. canis major immunogenic glycoprotein gp36 with a new sequence of tandem repeatsAlejandro Cabezas Cruz
Faculty of Science, University of South Bohemia, Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
Parasit Vectors 5:291. 2012..The aim of this paper was to phylogeneticaly characterise a new species of Ehrlichia isolated from Rhipicephalus (Boophilus) microplus from Minas Gerais, Brazil...
- Comparison of different direct diagnostic methods to identify Babesia bovis and Babesia bigemina in animals vaccinated with live attenuated parasitesLívio Martins Costa-Júnior
Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Departamento de Parasitologia, Av Antonio Carlos 6627, CEP 31270 901 Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Vet Parasitol 139:231-6. 2006..Duplex nPCR outperformed the other tests in terms of specificity and sensitivity, indicating that it is the most useful method for identifying Babesia spp. in cattle following vaccination...
- First molecular detection of Babesia vogeli in dogs from BrazilLygia Maria Friche Passos
Departamento de Medicina Veterinaria Preventiva, Escola de Veterinaria, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais UFMG, C P 567, Belo Horizonte 30123 970, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Vet Parasitol 127:81-5. 2005..vogeli isolate from Egypt and with other B. vogeli sequences from Spain, France, Japan, Australia and South Africa confirmed the affiliation of all Brazilian isolates to the species B. vogeli...
- Evaluating the effectiveness of an inactivated vaccine from Anaplasma marginale derived from tick cell culturePedro Veloso Facury Lasmar
Departamento de Clínica da Escola de Veterinaria, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Rev Bras Parasitol Vet 21:112-7. 2012..The results suggest that the inactivated vaccine from A. marginale produced in IDE8 induced seroconversion in calves, but was not effective for preventing anaplasmosis induced by the UFMG2 isolate under the conditions of this experiment...
- In vitro acaricidal efficacy of plant extracts from Brazilian flora and isolated substances against Rhipicephalus microplus (Acari: Ixodidae)Paula Pimentel Valente
Departamento de Parasitologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Av Antonio Carlos, 6627, 31270 901, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Parasitol Res 113:417-23. 2014..3%. In the adult immersion test, 5% eugenol was identified as a good biomolecule for controlling R. microplus, as demonstrated by its high acaricidal activity and inhibition of oviposition...
- Post-mortem hemoparasite detection in free-living Brazilian brown brocket deer (Mazama gouazoubira, Fischer 1814)Júlia Angélica Gonçalves da Silveira
Departamento de Parasitologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas ICB, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais UFMG, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brasil
Rev Bras Parasitol Vet 23:206-15. 2014..marginale, with co-infection occurring in four deer. The results of the present study demonstrate that post-mortem diagnostics using imprint slides and molecular assays are an effective method for detecting hemoparasites in organs. ..
- Effectiveness of enrofloxacin for the treatment of experimentally-induced bovine anaplasmosisElias Jorge Facury-Filho
Department of Veterinary Clinics and Surgery, Veterinary School of Minas Gerais, Federal University of Minas Gerais UFMG, Belo Horizonte, Av Antonio Carlos, 6627, Pampulha, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Rev Bras Parasitol Vet 21:32-6. 2012..Both enrofloxacin and oxytetracycline were effective for the treatment of anaplasmosis, but enrofloxacin was faster reduction of rickettsemia and PCV recuperation (p < 0.05) compared to oxytetracycline...