G J Gattas
- How useful is the assessment of lymphatic vascular density in oral carcinoma prognosis?Adhemar Longatto Filho
Life and Health Sciences Research Institute ICVS, School of Health Sciences, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal
World J Surg Oncol 5:140. 2007..abstract:..
- Cytochrome P450-2E1 and glutathione S-transferase mu polymorphisms among Caucasians and mulattoes from BrazilG J Gattas
Department of Legal Medicine, Ethics and Occupational Health, Medical School, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Occup Med (Lond) 50:508-11. 2000..011 among Caucasians; and p = 0.942; q = 0.058; se(P) = se'(q) = 0.018 among mulattoes; and (2) GSTM1 locus: p = 0.224, q = 0.776, se(p) = se(q) = 0.022 among Caucasians; and p = 0.353; q = 0.647; se(p) = se(q) = 0.041 among mulattoes...
- Frequency of oral mucosa micronuclei in gas station operators after introducing methanolG J Gattas
Department of Legal Medicine, Medical Ethics and Occupational Health, Medical School, University of Sao Paulo, Rua Teodoro Sampaio, 115, CEP 05405 000, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Occup Med (Lond) 51:107-13. 2001..20 +/- 0.15). These differences were also significant when compared with control groups not exposed professionally to motor fuel. These findings could indicate a mutagenic hazard of the MEG occurring in those with occupational exposure...
- Ethnicity and glutathione S-transferase (GSTM1/GSTT1) polymorphisms in a Brazilian populationG J F Gattás
Departamento de Medicina Legal, Etica Médica e Medicina Social e do Trabalho, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paaulo, SP, Brazil
Braz J Med Biol Res 37:451-8. 2004..Because homozygous deletions of GST gene might be associated with cancer risk, a better understanding of chemical metabolizing gene distribution can contribute to risk assessment of humans exposed to environmental carcinogens...
- Genetic polymorphisms of CYP1A1, CYP2E1, GSTM1, and GSTT1 associated with head and neck cancerGilka Jorge Figaro Gattás
Department of Legal Medicine, Ethics and Occupational Health, School of Medicine, Instituto Oscar Freire, Rua Teodoro Sampaio 115, CEP 05405 000, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Head Neck 28:819-26. 2006..We evaluated the role of metabolic enzyme polymorphisms on the risk of head and neck cancer in a hospital-based case-control study...
- [Molecular biomarkers in cancer: implications for epidemiological research and public health]V Wunsch Filho
Departamento de Epidemiologia, Faculdade de Saude Publica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, 01246 904, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 17:467-80. 2001..However, these approaches are necessarily more invasive and raise several ethical issues for consideration by both researchers in public health and society as a whole...