- The involvement of mast cells in the irinotecan-induced enteric neurons loss and reactive gliosis.
Ludmila T Nogueira
J Neuroinflammation 14:79. 2017
..Our data suggests the participation of mast cells on the CPT-11-induced intestinal mucositis, macrophages activation, enteric reactive gliosis, and neuron loss...
- The antioxidant effects of the flavonoids rutin and quercetin inhibit oxaliplatin-induced chronic painful peripheral neuropathy
Maria Isabel Azevedo
Medical Sciences Post Graduation, Department of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza, Brazil
Mol Pain 9:53. 2013
..We proposed a preventive effect of these agents on oxaliplatin-induced painful peripheral neuropathy based on their antioxidant properties...
- Glutamine and alanyl-glutamine increase RhoA expression and reduce Clostridium difficile toxin-a-induced intestinal epithelial cell damage
Ana A Q A Santos
Department of Morphology, Faculty of Medicine, Federal University of Ceara, Delmiro de Farias, 60416 030 Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
Biomed Res Int 2013:152052. 2013
..Ala-Gln and Gln supplementation reduced intestinal epithelial cell damage and increased RhoA expression...
- Antihyperglycemic and hypolipidemic effects of α, β-amyrin, a triterpenoid mixture from Protium heptaphyllum in mice
Flávia Almeida Santos
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
Lipids Health Dis 11:98. 2012
- Effect of venlafaxine on bone loss associated with ligature-induced periodontitis in Wistar rats
Rosimary S Carvalho
Laboratory of Neurosciences and Behavior, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Federal University of Ceara, Rua Coronel Nunes de Melo, 1127, CEP 60430 270, Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
J Negat Results Biomed 9:3. 2010
..The present study investigated the effects of venlafaxine, an antidepressant drug with immunoregulatory properties on the inflammatory response and bone loss associated with experimental periodontal disease (EPD)...
- Anti-inflammatory effects and possible mechanism of action of lupeol acetate isolated from Himatanthus drasticus (Mart.) Plumel
Daniel L Lucetti
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Federal University of Ceara, Brazil
J Inflamm (Lond) 7:60. 2010
..The objective of the present work was to study in vivo and in vitro the lupeol acetate (LA) isolated from the plant latex, in several models of inflammation...
- Role of inducible nitric oxide synthase pathway on methotrexate-induced intestinal mucositis in rodents
Renata Fc Leitão
Department of Morphology, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza, Brazil
BMC Gastroenterol 11:90. 2011
..Studies have suggested an important role of nitric oxide in such injury. The aim of this study was to investigate the role of nitric oxide (NO), specifically iNOS on the pathogenesis of methotrexate (MTX)-induced intestinal mucositis...
- Evaluation of HIV protease and nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors on proliferation, necrosis, apoptosis in intestinal epithelial cells and electrolyte and water transport and epithelial barrier function in mice
Manuel B Braga Neto
Institute of Biomedicine and Clinical Research Unit University Hospital, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza, Brazil
BMC Gastroenterol 10:90. 2010
..This study aims to investigate the effects of selected antiretroviral agents on intestinal histopathology and function in vivo and on cell proliferation and death in vitro...
- Peripheral antinociceptive effect of pertussis toxin: activation of the arginine/NO/cGMP/PKG/ ATP-sensitive K channel pathway
Gerly A C Brito
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Federal University of Ceara, Brazil
Eur J Neurosci 24:1175-81. 2006
..In conclusion, this study shows a peripheral antinociceptive effect of pertussis toxin, resulting from the activation of the arginine/NO/cGMP/PKG/ATP-sensitive K(+) channel pathway...
- Adenosine deaminase inhibition prevents Clostridium difficile toxin A-induced enteritis in mice
Ana Flávia Torquato de Araújo Junqueira
Departamento de Morfologia Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade Federal do Ceará, Rua Delmiro de Farias, sn CEP 60 416 030, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
Infect Immun 79:653-62. 2011
- Anti-inflammatory properties of doxycycline and minocycline in experimental models: an in vivo and in vitro comparative study
Liz M Leite
Faculty of Medicine of Juazeiro de Norte, Av Tenente Raimundo Rocha s n, Juazeiro do Norte, 63 040 360, CE, Brazil
Inflammopharmacology 19:99-110. 2011
..Furthermore, antioxidant activities were evaluated by the DPPH assay...
- Antihyperalgesic effect of pentoxifylline on experimental inflammatory pain
Mariana L Vale
Departamento de Fisiologia e Farmacologia, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal do Ceara, Rua Cel, Nunes de Melo, 1127, CEP 60430 270, Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
Br J Pharmacol 143:833-44. 2004
..In conclusion, the antinociceptive activity of pentoxifylline is associated with the inhibition of the release of both TNF-alpha and IL-1beta...
- Helianthus tuberosus agglutinin directly induces neutrophil migration, which can be modulated/inhibited by resident mast cells
Veruska B M Alencar
Dept de Fisiologia e Farmacologia Faculdade de Medicina, UniversidadeFederal do Ceará, Rua Coronel Nunes de Melo, 1127 Rodolfo Teófilo 60430 270, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
Biochem Cell Biol 83:659-66. 2005
..05) induced by HTA (200 microg/mL per cavity). Lectin from H. tuberosus has a direct neutrophil chemotatic effect that is modulated by mast cells...
- Glutamine depletion potentiates leucocyte-dependent inflammatory events induced by carrageenan or Clostridium difficile toxin A in rats
Silvia B Nascimento
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, The Federral University of Ceará, Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
Immunology 116:328-36. 2005
..Gln supplementation reverses these effects and may be useful during inflammatory catabolic stress...
- Anti-nociceptive effect of thalidomide on zymosan-induced experimental articular incapacitation
Mariana L Vale
Departamento de Fisiologia e Farmacologia, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal do Ceará R Cel Nunes de Melo 1127, Rodolfo Teofilo, 60 430 270 Fortaleza CE, Brazil
Eur J Pharmacol 536:309-17. 2006
..In conclusion, the anti-nociceptive activity of thalidomide in zymosan-induced articular incapacitation is associated with the inhibition of TNF-alpha by resident synovial cells...
- Angiotensin II potentiates inflammatory edema in rats: Role of mast cell degranulation
Raquel F Carvalho
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology of the Federal University of Ceará, Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
Eur J Pharmacol 540:175-82. 2006