M M Burgess
- Evolutionary concepts in biobanking - the BC BioLibraryPeter H Watson
Tumour Tissue Repository, Deeley Research Centre, BC Cancer Agency, 2410 Lee Ave, Victoria, BC, Canada
J Transl Med 7:95. 2009..Our strategy to enhance both capacity and quality in research biobanking is to create a new framework that repatriates the activity of biospecimen accrual for biobanks to clinical pathology...
- Beyond consent: ethical and social issues in genetic testingM M Burgess
Centre for Applied Ethics and Department of Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, V6T 1Z2 British Columbia, Canada
Nat Rev Genet 2:147-51. 2001..Understanding the social and cultural context of genetic testing will lead to more informed discussion and debate on these issues...
- Proposing modesty for informed consentMichael M Burgess
University of British Columbia Vancouver, BC Canada
Soc Sci Med 65:2284-95. 2007..Their proper role in health and social research requires flexibility and experimentation, but does not justify abdication of informed consent or the notion of informed and voluntary participation...
- Ethical review of health promotion program evaluation proposalsWilfreda E Thurston
Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Calgary Institute for Gender Research
Health Promot Pract 4:45-50. 2003..Given the dearth of published literature on the ethics of health promotion evaluation or practice, the field could benefit from the open debate that reviews of proposals would encourage...
- Research ethics recommendations for whole-genome research: consensus statementTimothy Caulfield
Health Law Institute, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
PLoS Biol 6:e73. 2008