Xavier F Figueroa
- Figueroa X, Duling B. Dissection of two Cx37-independent conducted vasodilator mechanisms by deletion of Cx40: electrotonic versus regenerative conduction. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2008;295:H2001-7 pubmed publisher..Connexin40 is essential for the ACh-activated regenerative vasodilator mechanism. However, neither connexin40 nor connexin37 is indispensable for the electrotonic spread of hyperpolarizing signals. ..
- Figueroa X, Duling B. Gap junctions in the control of vascular function. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2009;11:251-66 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss the participation of connexin-based channels in the control of vascular function in physiologic and pathologic conditions, with a special emphasis on hypertension and diabetes. ..
- Figueroa X, Lillo M, Gaete P, Riquelme M, Saez J. Diffusion of nitric oxide across cell membranes of the vascular wall requires specific connexin-based channels. Neuropharmacology. 2013;75:471-8 pubmed publisher..This article is part of the Special Issue Section entitled 'Current Pharmacology of Gap Junction Channels and Hemichannels'...
- Begandt D, Good M, Keller A, DeLalio L, Rowley C, Isakson B, et al. Pannexin channel and connexin hemichannel expression in vascular function and inflammation. BMC Cell Biol. 2017;18:2 pubmed publisher..In addition, this review will touch on recent evidence implicating a role for these proteins in regulating red blood cell and platelet function. ..
- Lillo M, Gaete P, Puebla M, Ardiles N, Poblete I, Becerra A, et al. Critical contribution of Na+-Ca2+ exchanger to the Ca2+-mediated vasodilation activated in endothelial cells of resistance arteries. FASEB J. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Ardiles, N. M., Poblete, I., Becerra, A., Simon, F., Figueroa, X. F. Critical contribution of Na+-Ca2+ exchanger to the Ca2+-mediated vasodilation activated in endothelial cells of resistance arteries...