Affiliation: Independencia 1027
Location: Santiago, Chile
- Microarray proteomic analysis discriminates tumorigenic mouse ovarian surface epithelial cells of divergent aggressive potentialUlises Urzua
Laboratorio de Genómica Aplicada, ICBM Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile, Independencia 1027, Santiago, Chile
Mol Biosyst 6:2521-8. 2010..The molecular basis accounting for a high aggressive potential not necessarily related to an increased tumor growth capacity is discussed on a pathway-network basis...
- Gene regulation by BCL3 in a cervical cancer cell lineV Maldonado
Molecular Biology Laboratory, Instituto Nacional de Cancerologia, Mexico City, Mexico
Folia Biol (Praha) 56:183-93. 2010..We validated STAT3 as a bona fide target of BCL3 by additional interference RNA and in silico analyses of previously reported lymphoma patients...
- Tumor and reproductive traits are linked by RNA metabolism genes in the mouse ovary: a transcriptome-phenotype association analysisUlises Urzua
Laboratorio de Genómica Aplicada, ICBM, Universidad de Chile, Independencia 1027, Santiago, Chile
BMC Genomics 11:S1. 2010..NIA15k-DNA microarrays were employed to obtain expression profiles of BalbC, C57BL6, FVB and SWR adult ovaries...
- Alterations in type I hemidesmosome components suggestive of epigenetic control in the salivary glands of patients with Sjögren's syndromeSergio Gonzalez
University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Arthritis Rheum 63:1106-15. 2011
- Development and validation of a microarray for the confirmation and typing of norovirus RT-PCR productsKirsten Mattison
Bureau of Microbial Hazards, Health Canada, Ottawa, Canada
J Virol Methods 173:233-50. 2011..0 as a strain typing tool is the difficulty obtaining a long, specific amplicon from all circulating norovirus strains. Data obtained with the longer region AD amplicon provided the best discrimination between norovirus strains...
- Biomarkers for screening of lung cancer and pre-neoplastic lesions in a high risk Chilean populationMarta I Adonis
Faculty of Medicine, Avenida Independência, University of Chile, Santiago, 1027, Chile
Biol Res 47:62. 2014..In addition, we enrolled subjects who were suspected of having lung cancer. AQC, DR70 and AFB were used as tools in the detection of pre-neoplastic (PNL) and neoplastic lesions (NL)...
- Dysregulation of mitotic machinery genes precedes genome instability during spontaneous pre-malignant transformation of mouse ovarian surface epithelial cellsUlises Urzua
Laboratorio de Genómica Aplicada, Programa de Biologia Celular y Molecular, ICBM Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile, Independencia 1027, Santiago, Chile
BMC Genomics 17:728. 2016..Gene ontology, pathway and network analyses were focused in passages earlier than 20, which is a hallmark of malignancy in this model...
- Survivin expression promotes VEGF-induced tumor angiogenesis via PI3K/Akt enhanced β-catenin/Tcf-Lef dependent transcriptionJaime G Fernandez
Laboratorio de Comunicaciones Celulares, Centro de Estudios Moleculares de la Célula CEMC, Programa de Biologia Celular y Molecular, ICBM, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Mol Cancer 13:209. 2014..These findings provide evidence for the existance of a posititve feedback loop connecting survivin expression in tumor cells to PI3K/Akt enhanced β-catenin-Tcf/Lef-dependent transcription followed by secretion of VEGF and angiogenesis. ..
- WebaCGH: an interactive online tool for the analysis and display of array comparative genomic hybridisation dataCasey Frankenberger
Laboratory of Molecular Technology, Scientific Application International Corporation SAIC Frederick, Inc, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Frederick, Maryland, USA
Appl Bioinformatics 5:125-30. 2006..AVAILABILITY: WebaCGH is freely accessible at http://18.104.22.168/WebaCGH/welcome.htm CONTACT: Xiaolin Wu (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ulises Urzúa (email@example.com)...
- Microarray comparative genomic hybridization profile of a murine model for epithelial ovarian cancer reveals genomic imbalances resembling human ovarian carcinomasUlises Urzua
Laboratory of Molecular Technology, SAIC Frederick, Inc, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick, MD, USA
Tumour Biol 26:236-44. 2005..Our findings support the utility of mouse ovarian surface epithelial (MOSE) cells in studying initiation and progression of human ovarian cancer and as a suitable model to evaluate therapeutic approaches...
- Transcriptomic analysis of an in vitro murine model of ovarian carcinoma: functional similarity to the human disease and identification of prospective tumoral markers and targetsUlises Urzua
Programa de Biologia Celular y Molecular, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidad de Chile, Independencia, Santiago, Chile
J Cell Physiol 206:594-602. 2006..Taken together, our findings support the utility of MOSE cells in studying ovarian cancer biology and as a source of novel diagnostic and therapeutic targets...
- Differential gene expression in skeletal muscle cells after membrane depolarizationNevenka Juretic
Centro de Estudios Moleculares de la Célula, Facultad de Medicina, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Cell Physiol 210:819-30. 2007..We suggest that depolarization induced expression of a small set of genes may underlie Ca2+ dependent plasticity of skeletal muscle cells...
- Gene expression and chromosomal location for susceptibility to Sjögren's syndromePaola Perez
University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Autoimmun 33:99-108. 2009..Genes found over-expressed in epithelial cells are candidates for disease susceptibility...