W C S Cho
- Cho W, Leung K. In vitro and in vivo anti-tumor effects of Astragalus membranaceus. Cancer Lett. 2007;252:43-54 pubmed..Collectively, the results showed that A. membranaceus could exhibit both in vitro and in vivo anti-tumor effects, which might be achieved through activating the anti-tumor immune mechanism of the host...
- Cho W, Leung K. In vitro and in vivo immunomodulating and immunorestorative effects of Astragalus membranaceus. J Ethnopharmacol. 2007;113:132-41 pubmed..Collectively, the results clearly showed that AI could exhibit immunomodulating and immunorestorative effects, both in vitro and in vivo...
- Cho W, Chow A, Au J. Restoration of tumour suppressor hsa-miR-145 inhibits cancer cell growth in lung adenocarcinoma patients with epidermal growth factor receptor mutation. Eur J Cancer. 2009;45:2197-206 pubmed publisher..Further study on these specific differentially expressed miRNAs may provide important information on peculiar tumourigenetic pathways and may identify useful biomarkers. ..
- Cho W, Yip T, Cheng W, Au J. Serum amyloid A is elevated in the serum of lung cancer patients with poor prognosis. Br J Cancer. 2010;102:1731-5 pubmed publisher..Our study not only detected increased SAA level in the serum of lung cancer patients but also identified that elevated SAA level may be a non-invasive biomarker useful for the prediction of lung cancer prognosis. ..
- Cho W, Kwan C, Yau S, So P, Poon P, Au J. The role of inflammation in the pathogenesis of lung cancer. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2011;15:1127-37 pubmed publisher..Along with therapeutic benefits, immunotherapy presents the challenges of drug-related toxicities. Gene modification of immunocytokine may lower the associated toxic effects. ..