- Niu W, Qi Y, Gao P, Zhu D. A meta-analysis of the bradykinin B2 receptor gene --58C/T polymorphism with hypertension. Clin Chim Acta. 2010;411:324-8 pubmed publisher..22; 95% CI: 0.92-1.61; P=0.17). No publication bias was observed. Our results suggested that -58T allele exhibited a protective effect on hypertension in Asians and African-Americans, yet a risk effect in Caucasians. ..
- Niu W, Qi Y, Wu Z, Liu Y, Zhu D, Jin W. A meta-analysis of receptor for advanced glycation end products gene: four well-evaluated polymorphisms with diabetes mellitus. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2012;358:9-17 pubmed publisher..Our results provide convincing evidence regarding the association of RAGE gene 1704T allele with an increased risk of diabetes mellitus, especially diabetic retinopathy. Notably, this effect was more pronounced in East Asians. ..
- Niu W, Wu S, Zhang Y, Li W, Ji K, Gao P, et al. Validation of genetic association in apelin-AGTRL1 system with hypertension in a larger Han Chinese population. J Hypertens. 2010;28:1854-61 pubmed publisher..05). In this exploratory pilot case-control study, we found robust haplotype-based and haplotype-phenotype associations of four well characterized polymorphisms in apelin-AGTRL1 system with hypertension and related phenotypes. ..
- Niu W, Zhang Y, Ji K, Gu M, Gao P, Zhu D. Confirmation of top polymorphisms in hypertension genome wide association study among Han Chinese. Clin Chim Acta. 2010;411:1491-5 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate variation in FGF5 and ZNF652 gene upstream regions with altered susceptibility to hypertension in Han Chinese. ..
- Niu W, Qi Y. Association of the angiotensin II type I receptor gene +1166 A>C polymorphism with hypertension risk: evidence from a meta-analysis of 16474 subjects. Hypertens Res. 2010;33:1137-43 pubmed publisher..We suggest that confirmation in a large, well-designed study or from functional aspects of this polymorphism is critical. ..
- Niu W, Liu Y, Qi Y, Wu Z, Zhu D, Jin W. Association of interleukin-6 circulating levels with coronary artery disease: a meta-analysis implementing mendelian randomization approach. Int J Cardiol. 2012;157:243-52 pubmed publisher..Publication biases were absent for all comparisons (P>0.1). Our findings provided strong evidence on the causal association of circulating IL-6 levels with the development of CAD in White populations. ..
- Niu W, Qi Y. Meta-based association of the lipoprotein lipase gene S447X variant with hypertension and blood pressure variation. J Hum Hypertens. 2011;25:383-90 pubmed publisher..This meta-analysis demonstrated that LPL gene S447X variant was significantly associated with hypertension and showed no obvious relation with pregnancy-induced hypertension and blood pressure variation. ..
- Niu W, Qi Y, Guo S, Gao P, Zhu D. Association of renin BglI polymphism with essential hypertension: a meta-analysis involving 1811 cases and 1626 controls. Clin Exp Hypertens. 2010;32:431-8 pubmed publisher..Further studies are warranted to fully address questions about the etiologic mechanisms of this positive association. ..
- Niu W, Qi Y. Association of α-adducin and G-protein β3 genetic polymorphisms with hypertension: a meta-analysis of Chinese populations. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17052 pubmed publisher..Our overall results suggest null association of α-adducin G460T and GNB3 C825T polymorphisms with hypertension in Chinese but indicate local marginal significance of C825T, as a putative salt-sensitive switch, in southern Chinese. ..