Affiliation: Burn Centre Maasstad Hospital
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Quality of life after burns in childhood (5-15 years): children experience substantial problemsM E van Baar
Association of Dutch Burn Centres, Maasstad Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Burns 37:930-8. 2011..More extensive burns are related to sub optimal functioning. These problems are in part specific for burns and not picked up by generic measures...
- Accuracy of burn size assessment prior to arrival in Dutch burn centres and its consequences in children: a nationwide evaluationM G A Baartmans
Department of Pediatrics, Maasstad Hospital, PO Box 9100, 3007 AC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Injury 43:1451-6. 2012..Therefore, the differences in burn size estimates between referrers and burn centre's in children and its consequences in terms of transfer and intravenous fluid resuscitation were investigated...
- Mortality and causes of death in a burn centreG C Bloemsma
Rotterdam Burn Centre, Department of Surgery, Medisch Centrum Rijnmond Zuid, 315 Groene Hilledijk, 3075 EA, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Burns 34:1103-7. 2008..Prevention of multisystem organ failure, by better management of infection and systemic inflammatory response syndrome, might do most to decrease mortality after burn...
- Bacteriological cultures on admission of the burn patient: To do or not to do, that's the questionJ Dokter
Burn Centre, Maasstad Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands Electronic address
Burns 42:421-7. 2016..The aim of this study is to assess systematic initial bacteriological surveillance, based on an extensive Dutch data collection...
- Reduction in skin grafting after the introduction of hydrofiber dressings in partial thickness burns: a comparison between a hydrofiber and silver sulphadiazineJ Dokter
Department of Surgery, Burn Centre, Maasstad Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Burns 39:130-5. 2013..with the former standard of care with silver sulfadiazine (Flammazine(®); Solvay Pharmaceuticals), considering surgical intervention and length of stay (LOS)...