- Prevalence of resistance phenotypes and genotypes to macrolide, lincosamide and streptogramin antibiotics in Gram-positive cocci isolated in Tunisian Bone Marrow Transplant CenterO Bouchami
Laboratoire du Centre National de Greffe de Moelle Osseuse, 1006 Tunis, Tunisia
Pathol Biol (Paris) 59:199-206. 2011..The resistance was due mainly to the presence of ermB in E. faecium (80%), ermC in S. epidermidis (53%) and mefA in S. mitis (65%)...
- Typing of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec encoding methicillin resistance in Staphylococcus aureus strains isolated at the bone marrow transplant centre of TunisiaO Bouchami
Centre National de Greffe de Moelle Osseuse, Laboratory Service, Tunis, Tunisia
Curr Microbiol 59:380-5. 2009..One strain shown to carry ccrAB1 and ccrAB2 genes in combination with class B mec. Seven of 13 MRSA strains isolated from 2000 to 2006 were classified with major similarity group A harbored SCCmec type IV...
- Antibiotic resistance and molecular characterization of clinical isolates of methicillin-resistant coagulase-negative staphylococci isolated from bacteremic patients in oncohematologyO Bouchami
Laboratory Department, Centre National de Greffe de Moelle Osseuse, Tunis, Tunisia
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 56:122-30. 2011..SCCmec types IV (31%) and III (24.5%), the most prevalent types detected, were found to be more resistant to non-β-lactam antibiotics. A wide diversity of isolates was observed by PFGE among MRCoNS...
- Analysis of pristinamycin-resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis isolates in the Tunisian Bone Marrow Transplant CenterW Achour
Laboratoire du Centre National de Greffe de Moelle Osseuse, Tunis, Tunisia
Lett Appl Microbiol 46:358-63. 2008..We report the analysis of genetic determinants conferring resistance to pristinamycin in Staphylococcus epidermidis strains and epidemiology typing of these strains by pulsed-field gel electrophoresis...
- Prevalence and mechanisms of macrolide resistance among Staphylococcus epidermidis isolates from neutropenic patients in TunisiaO Bouchami
National Bone Marrow Transplant Centre, Tunis, Tunisia
Clin Microbiol Infect 13:103-6. 2007..Gene distribution was related to the methicillin resistance pattern. The vga gene was present in combination with erm(A) in three isolates...
- [Comparison of phenotypic methods with PCR to screening methicillin resistance in coagulase negative staphylococci]D Majouri
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, Centre National de Greffe de Moelle Osseuse, rue Djebel Lakhdhar, Bab Saadoun, 1006 Tunis, Tunisie
Pathol Biol (Paris) 55:361-5. 2007..Appreciation of the frequency, the level and the genetic support of methicillin resistance...