- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha deficiency impairs regulatory T cell functions: Possible application in the inhibition of melanoma tumor growth in miceAziz Hichami
University of Burgundy, INSERM U866, Faculty of Life Sciences, Dijon, France Electronic address
Biochimie 131:1-10. 2016..Our findings suggest that PPARα deficiency, by diminishing Treg cell functions and upregulating pro-inflammatory T cell phenotype, exerts an in vivo anti-cancer properties...
- Anti-hyperglycemic effects of three medicinal plants in diabetic pregnancy: modulation of T cell proliferationAkadiri Yessoufou
Laboratory of Cell Biology and Physiology, Department of Biochemistry and Cellular Biology, Faculty of Sciences and Techniques FAST and Institute of Applied Biomedical Sciences ISBA, University of Abomey Calavi, 01 BP 918, Cotonou, Benin
BMC Complement Altern Med 13:77. 2013..The present study was undertaken to evaluate the anti-hyperglycemic effects of Picralima nitida (seeds), Nauclea latifolia (root and stem) and Oxytenanthera abyssinica (leaves) commonly used, in diabetic pregnancy...
- Zizyphus lotus L. (Desf.) modulates antioxidant activity and human T-cell proliferationChahid Benammar
Laboratoire des Produits Naturels LAPRONA, Departement de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Faculte des Sciences, Université Abou Bekr Belkaid, Tlemcen, Algeria
BMC Complement Altern Med 10:54. 2010..Desf.) and assessed the effects of their aqueous extracts on antioxidant status and human T-cell proliferation...
- Docosahexaenoic acid reduces suppressive and migratory functions of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T-cellsAkadiri Yessoufou
University of Burgundy, Unité Propre de Recherche de l Enseignement Supérieur, Lipids and Cell Signaling, Faculty of Life Sciences, Dijon, France
J Lipid Res 50:2377-88. 2009..Finally, a DHA-enriched diet also diminished, ex vivo, the suppressive capacity of Treg cells. Altogether, these results suggest that DHA, by diminishing Treg cell functions, may play a key role in health and disease...
- Cassava-enriched diet is not diabetogenic rather it aggravates diabetes in ratsAkadiri Yessoufou
Department of Physiology, UPRES Lipids and Nutrition, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Bourgogne, Dijon, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 20:579-86. 2006..However, supplementing cyanide to CFC diet (without methionine) curtailed SOD and GSH-Px activities in diabetic rats. Our study shows that cassava diet containing cyanide is 'diabetes-aggravating'...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha deficiency increases the risk of maternal abortion and neonatal mortality in murine pregnancy with or without diabetes mellitus: Modulation of T cell differentiationAkadiri Yessoufou
Department of Physiology, University of Burgundy, Unité Propre de Recherche de l Enseignement Supérieur Lipids and Nutrition, Faculty of Life Sciences, 21000 Dijon, France
Endocrinology 147:4410-8. 2006..Altogether, our results suggest that PPAR alpha deficiency in mice may be implicated in the increase in maternal abortion, neonatal mortality, and T cell differentiation...
- Effects of Zizyphus lotus L. (Desf.) polyphenols on Jurkat cell signaling and proliferationSouleymane Abdoul-Azize
INSERM U866, Physiologie de la Nutrition and Toxicologie NuTox, Universite de Bourgogne, Dijon, France
Int Immunopharmacol 15:364-71. 2013..Taken together, the results of the present study demonstrate that ZLP modulate cell signaling and exert immunosuppressive effects in human T-cells...
- Docosahexaenoic acid induces increases in [Ca2+]i via inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate production and activates protein kinase C gamma and -delta via phosphatidylserine binding site: implication in apoptosis in U937 cellsVirginie Aires
Unité Propre de Recherche et de l Enseignement Supérieur, Equipe d Accueil 4183 Lipides and Signalisation Cellulaire, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Burgundy, Dijon, France
Mol Pharmacol 72:1545-56. 2007..Our study suggests that DHA-induced activation of PLC/IP3 pathway and activation of PKCgamma/delta, via its action on PS binding site, may be involved in apoptosis in U937 cells...
- Growth factor concentrations and their placental mRNA expression are modulated in gestational diabetes mellitus: possible interactions with macrosomiaOussama Grissa
University of Burgundy, UPRES EA4183 Lipids and Cell Signaling, Faculty of Life Sciences, Dijon, France
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 10:7. 2010..The study was undertaken to investigate the implication of growth factors and their receptors in GDM and macrosomia, and to discuss the role of the materno-foeto-placental axis in the in-utero regulation of foetal growth...