Affiliation: Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique
- Isolation of a cyp2b10-like cDNA and of a clone derived from a cyp2b10-like pseudogeneN Marc
Faculte de Pharmacie, INSERM U456, 2, avenue Léon Bernard, Rennes Cedex, 35043, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 258:11-6. 1999..We have also isolated a partial clone, P21, which 1609 bp sequence overlapped with that of P16, except for a T-->G transversion, giving rise to a premature TGA stop codon, indicating that it was derived from a pseudogene...
- Comparison of muscle transcriptome between pigs with divergent meat quality phenotypes identifies genes related to muscle metabolism and structureMarie Damon
INRA, UMR1348 Physiologie, Environnement et Génétique pour l Animal et les Systèmes d Elevage PEGASE, Saint Gilles, France
PLoS ONE 7:e33763. 2012..B is an indigenous breed with low lean meat and high fat contents, high meat quality characteristics, and is genetically distant from other European pig breeds...
- Joint analysis of quantitative trait loci and major-effect causative mutations affecting meat quality and carcass composition traits in pigsPierre Cherel
INRA, UMR0598, Génétique Animale, 35042 Rennes Cedex, France
BMC Genet 12:76. 2011..03-0.08), with independent QTL effects detected from most of the same population, excluding any carrier of these mutations...
- Number of intramuscular adipocytes and fatty acid binding protein-4 content are significant indicators of intramuscular fat level in crossbred Large White x Duroc pigsM Damon
Unité Mixte de Recherches Systèmes d Elevage Nutrition Animale et Humaine, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, 35590 Saint Gilles, France
J Anim Sci 84:1083-92. 2006..49). The current study suggests that FABP-4 protein content may be a valuable marker of lipid accretion in LM and that i.m. fat content and myofiber type composition can be manipulated independently...
- Health and immune traits of Basque and Large White pigs housed in a conventional or enriched environmentE Merlot
INRA, UMR1348 PEGASE, F 35590 Saint Gilles, France
Animal 6:1290-9. 2012..These observations strengthen the hypothesis that selection for high meat production level might be associated with an increased susceptibility of animals to environmental stressors...
- Muscle characteristics and meat quality traits are affected by divergent selection on residual feed intake in pigsL Lefaucheur
INRA, UMR1079 Systèmes d Elevage, Nutrition Animale et Humaine, F 35590 Saint Gilles, France
J Anim Sci 89:996-1010. 2011..In conclusion, selection for low RFI influenced muscle properties in a way favoring muscle mass, but likely impairing meat quality...
- First evidence of uncoupling protein-2 (UCP-2) and -3 (UCP-3) gene expression in piglet skeletal muscle and adipose tissueM Damon
INRA, Station de Recherches Porcines, 35590, Saint Gilles, France
Gene 246:133-41. 2000..In triiodothyronine-treated piglets, UCP3 mRNA is more expressed in LT than in RH muscle. These genes may be involved in the control of the energy metabolism of the piglet...
- Stearoyl-CoA desaturase 1 coding sequences and antisense RNA affect lipid secretion in transfected chicken LMH hepatoma cellsC Diot
Laboratoire Associé INRA ENSA de Génétique Animale, 65 rue de Saint Brieuc, Rennes Cedex, 35042, France
Arch Biochem Biophys 380:243-50. 2000..These results provide direct evidence that the expression of the SCD1 gene plays a major role in the triacylglycerol and phospholipid secretion process...
- Isolation of a new mouse cDNA clone: hybrid form of cytochrome P450 2b10 and NADPH-cytochrome P450 oxidoreductaseM Damon
Groupe Détoxication et Réparation Tissulaire, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite de Rennes I, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 226:900-5. 1996..5 kb. This study is the first description of a cytochrome P450 cDNA sequence encoding part of both a cytochrome P450 and the NADPH cytochrome P450 oxidoreductase in mammalian liver...