S G Gatermann
- First description of Escherichia coli producing CTX-M-15- extended spectrum beta lactamase (ESBL) in out-patients from south eastern NigeriaIfeanyichukwu R Iroha
Department of Applied Microbiology, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Ebonyi State University, P M B 053, Abakaliki, Nigeria
Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob 11:19. 2012..2%) strains. This study showed a high rate of CTX-M-1 cluster - ESBLs in South-Eastern Nigeria and further confirms the worldwide spread of CTX-M ESBL in clinical isolates...
- Characterisation of a cell wall-anchored protein of Staphylococcus saprophyticus associated with linoleic acid resistanceNathan P King
Australian Infectious Diseases Research Centre, School of Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
BMC Microbiol 12:8. 2012..Indeed, S. saprophyticus UTI is usually preceded by perineal skin colonisation...
- Occurrence of genes of putative fibrinogen binding proteins and hemolysins, as well as of their phenotypic correlates in isolates of S. lugdunensis of different originsFlorian Szabados
Institute for Hygiene and Microbiology, Dept, for Medical Microbiology, University Bochum Universitätsstraße 150, Bochum, Germany
BMC Res Notes 4:113. 2011..abstract:..
- Genotypic and phenotypic variation among Staphylococcus saprophyticus from human and animal isolatesBritta Kleine
Institut für Hygiene und Mikrobiologie, Abteilung für Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, D 44780 Bochum, Germany
BMC Res Notes 3:163. 2010..The main aim of this study was to examine the genotypic and phenotypic diversity of Staphylococcus saprophyticus isolates from human and animal origin...
- Distribution and expression of macrolide resistance genes in coagulase-negative staphylococciS G Gatermann
Abteilung für Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Clin Microbiol Infect 13:777-81. 2007..In Staphylococcus epidermidis and S. haemolyticus, 46% and 66%, respectively, of erythromycin-resistant, clindamycin-susceptible isolates were susceptible to clindamycin therapy...
- False-negative test results in the Slidex Staph Plus (bioMérieux) agglutination test are mainly caused by spa-type t001 and t001-related strainsF Szabados
Institute for Hygiene and Microbiology, Department for Medical Microbiology, University of Bochum, Universitatsstrase 150, Bochum, Germany
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 30:201-8. 2011....
- Performance of MicroScan WalkAway and Vitek 2 for detection of oxacillin resistance in a set of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolates with diverse genetic backgroundsMartin Kaase
Department of Medical Microbiology, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
J Clin Microbiol 47:2623-5. 2009..Most of these MRSA isolates were community acquired. However, if the cefoxitin screen of AST-P549 was also considered, MRSA detection failed for only one isolate...
- Evaluation of species-specific score cutoff values of routinely isolated clinically relevant bacteria using a direct smear preparation for matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry-based bacterial identificationF Szabados
Institute for Hygiene and Microbiology, Department for Medical Microbiology, University Bochum, National Reference Laboratory for Multidrug Resistant Gram Negative Bacteria for Germany, Bochum, Germany
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 31:1109-19. 2012..In addition, we described new species-specific score cutoff values for the identification of certain bacteria...
- Comparison of phenotypic methods for penicillinase detection in Staphylococcus aureusM Kaase
Department of Medical Microbiology, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:614-6. 2008..The cloverleaf assay and the penicillin zone-edge determination method had sensitivities of 67.8% and 71.4%, respectively, and these methods might be appropriate in many circumstances, but were not as sensitive as blaZ PCR...
- Cloning of aas, a gene encoding a Staphylococcus saprophyticus surface protein with adhesive and autolytic propertiesW Hell
Institut für Hygiene und Mikrobiologie, Abteilung für Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Germany
Mol Microbiol 29:871-81. 1998..It lacks the motifs typical of Gram-positive surface proteins and shows a different overall organization. This autolysin/adhesin of S. saprophyticus (Aas) appears to represent a new class of staphylococcal adhesins...
- Release of vancomycin and teicoplanin from a plasticized and resorbable gelatin sponge: in vitro investigation of a new antibiotic delivery system with glycopeptidesO Drognitz
Universitatsklinikum Freiburg, Klinik und Poliklinik für Chirurgie, Abteilung für Allgemein und Viszeralchirurgie, Hugstetter Str 55, 79106 Freiburg i Brsg, Germany
Infection 34:29-34. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of sustained release of vancomycin and teicoplanin from a resorbable gelatin glycerol sponge, in order to establish a new delivery system for local anti-infective therapy...
- Increasing resistance against antibiotics in bacteria isolated from the lower urinary tract of an outpatient population of spinal cord injury patientsA Hinkel
Department of Urology, Marienhospital, Herne, Germany
Urol Int 73:143-8. 2004..To investigate changes of the bacterial spectrum and susceptibility in bacteria isolated from urine samples of spinal cord injury patients followed in a strict outpatient setting...