Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Hannover Medical School
- Kumarswamy R, Volkmann I, Beermann J, Napp L, Jabs O, Bhayadia R, et al. Vascular importance of the miR-212/132 cluster. Eur Heart J. 2014;35:3224-31 pubmed publisher....
- Fiedler J, Jazbutyte V, Kirchmaier B, Gupta S, Lorenzen J, Hartmann D, et al. MicroRNA-24 regulates vascularity after myocardial infarction. Circulation. 2011;124:720-30 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that miR-24 acts as a critical regulator of endothelial cell apoptosis and angiogenesis and is suitable for therapeutic intervention in the setting of ischemic heart disease. ..
- Dangwal S, Thum T. MicroRNAs in platelet physiology and pathology. Hamostaseologie. 2013;33:17-20 pubmed publisher..Here, we present a review on recently identified platelet miRNAs and their role in platelet physiology that is essential for maintaining haemostasis. ..
- Kölling M, Kaucsár T, Schauerte C, Hübner A, Dettling A, Park J, et al. Therapeutic miR-21 Silencing Ameliorates Diabetic Kidney Disease in Mice. Mol Ther. 2017;25:165-180 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miR-21 antagonism rescued various functional and structural parameters in mice with diabetic nephropathy and, thus, might be a viable option in the treatment of patients with diabetic kidney disease. ..
- Chatterjee S, Bär C, Thum T. Linc-ing the Noncoding Genome to Heart Function: Beating Hypertrophy. Trends Mol Med. 2017;23:577-579 pubmed publisher..Recent advances on the functional roles of lncRNAs in cardiac hypertrophy are expected to usher improved therapeutic strategies. ..
- Piccoli M, Gupta S, Viereck J, Foinquinos A, Samolovac S, Kramer F, et al. Inhibition of the Cardiac Fibroblast-Enriched lncRNA Meg3 Prevents Cardiac Fibrosis and Diastolic Dysfunction. Circ Res. 2017;121:575-583 pubmed publisher....
- Kleeberger J, Neuser J, De Gonzalo Calvo D, Kempf T, Bauersachs J, Thum T, et al. microRNA-206 correlates with left ventricular function after transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI). Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2017;:ajpheart.00432.2017 pubmed publisher..A decrease in the serum level of miR-206 may be linked to changes in cardiac function of patients after TAVI. Further studies are necessary to test the miRNA for its potential value as a prognostic marker...
- Thum T, Schmitter K, Fleissner F, Wiebking V, Dietrich B, Widder J, et al. Impairment of endothelial progenitor cell function and vascularization capacity by aldosterone in mice and humans. Eur Heart J. 2011;32:1275-86 pubmed publisher..Normalization of EPC function may represent a novel mechanism contributing to the beneficial effects of MR blockade in cardiovascular disease prevention and treatment. ..
- Hartmann D, Fiedler J, Sonnenschein K, Just A, Pfanne A, Zimmer K, et al. MicroRNA-Based Therapy of GATA2-Deficient Vascular Disease. Circulation. 2016;134:1973-1990 pubmed..GATA2-mediated regulation of miR-126 and miR-221 has an important impact on endothelial biology. Hence, modulation of GATA2 and its targets miR-126 and miR-221 is a promising therapeutic strategy for treatment of many vascular diseases. ..
- Viereck J, Thum T. Long Noncoding RNAs in Pathological Cardiac Remodeling. Circ Res. 2017;120:262-264 pubmed publisher..A novel long noncoding RNA Chaer acts as noncoding epigenetic regulator at the onset of cardiac hypertrophy and enables an improved understanding about the complex mechanisms in cardiovascular disease. ..
- Viereck J, Thum T. Circulating Noncoding RNAs as Biomarkers of Cardiovascular Disease and Injury. Circ Res. 2017;120:381-399 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize recent findings on biological characteristics of circulating ncRNAs and highlight their value as potential biomarker in selected pathologies of cardiovascular disease. ..
- Schauerte C, Hübner A, Rong S, Wang S, Shushakova N, Mengel M, et al. Antagonism of profibrotic microRNA-21 improves outcome of murine chronic renal allograft dysfunction. Kidney Int. 2017;92:646-656 pubmed publisher..miR-21a-5p silencing may therefore be a viable therapeutic option in the treatment of patients following kidney transplantation to halt the development of CAD. ..
- Bührke A, Bar C, Thum T. [Non-coding RNA : Innovative regulators with therapeutic perspective]. Herz. 2017;: pubmed publisher..In fact, first medications based on miRNAs have already achieved approval. Additionally, ncRNAs contained in plasma can serve as new non-invasive diagnostic markers for the detection of diseases...
- Viereck J, Kumarswamy R, Foinquinos A, Xiao K, Avramopoulos P, Kunz M, et al. Long noncoding RNA Chast promotes cardiac remodeling. Sci Transl Med. 2016;8:326ra22 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Chast can be a potential target to prevent cardiac remodeling and highlight a general role of lncRNAs in heart diseases. ..
- Gupta S, Garg A, Bär C, Chatterjee S, Foinquinos A, Milting H, et al. Quaking Inhibits Doxorubicin-Mediated Cardiotoxicity Through Regulation of Cardiac Circular RNA Expression. Circ Res. 2017;: pubmed publisher..i>Qki5 is thus an interesting target molecule to combat doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity...