Affiliation: University of Patras School of Medicine, Patras University General Hospital
Location: Patras, Greece
Assistant Professor in Internal Medicine & Infectious Diseases
Biomedical Engineering and Computing
- Mocroft A, Kirk O, Reiss P, De Wit S, Sedlacek D, Beniowski M, et al. Estimated glomerular filtration rate, chronic kidney disease and antiretroviral drug use in HIV-positive patients. AIDS. 2010;24:1667-78 pubmed publisher..Chronic kidney disease (CKD) in HIV-positive persons might be caused by both HIV and traditional or non-HIV-related factors. Our objective was to investigate long-term exposure to specific antiretroviral drugs and CKD...
- Reekie J, Kosa C, Engsig F, Monforte A, Wiercinska Drapalo A, Domingo P, et al. Relationship between current level of immunodeficiency and non-acquired immunodeficiency syndrome-defining malignancies. Cancer. 2010;116:5306-15 pubmed publisher..Starting cART earlier to reduce the proportion of patients with a low CD4 count may decrease the rate of developing many common non-AIDS-related malignancies. A randomized trial to explore this strategy is urgently needed. ..
- Matthaiou D, Panos G, Adamidi E, Falagas M. Albendazole versus praziquantel in the treatment of neurocysticercosis: a meta-analysis of comparative trials. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2008;2:e194 pubmed publisher..We investigated the role of albendazole and praziquantel in the treatment of patients with parenchymal neurocysticercosis by performing a meta-analysis of comparative trials of their effectiveness and safety...
- Lodwick R, Sabin C, Porter K, Ledergerber B, van Sighem A, Cozzi Lepri A, et al. Death rates in HIV-positive antiretroviral-naive patients with CD4 count greater than 350 cells per microL in Europe and North America: a pooled cohort observational study. Lancet. 2010;376:340-5 pubmed publisher..Even though the increased risk is small, new studies of potential benefits of ART in this group are merited. European Commission, FP6. European AIDS Treatment Network (NEAT). Project number LSHP-CT-2006-037570. ..
- Kowalska J, Reekie J, Mocroft A, Reiss P, Ledergerber B, Gatell J, et al. Long-term exposure to combination antiretroviral therapy and risk of death from specific causes: no evidence for any previously unidentified increased risk due to antiretroviral therapy. AIDS. 2012;26:315-23 pubmed publisher..Therefore we investigated changes in the rate of death with increasing exposure to cART...