- Cerebral alveolar echinococcosis. A case report with MRI and review of the literature
Department of Neurosurgery, SB Goztepe Education and Research Hospital, Goztepe, Istanbul, Turkey
J Neurosurg Sci 51:145-51; discussion 151. 2007
..Hypointense grape-like mass with calcification and surrounding white matter edema in T2-weighted MRI should suggest cerebral alveolar echinococcosis. Radical surgery and an adjuvant therapy with ABZ provides useful prolongation of life...
- Long-term results and complications of the syringopleural shunting for treatment of syringomyelia: a clinical study
Department of Neurosurgery, Istanbul Medeniyet University Goztepe Education and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Br J Neurosurg 27:91-9. 2013
..We analyzed the complications and long-term outcomes after syringopleural shunting for syringomyelia...
- Chiari malformation type III and results of surgery: a clinical study: report of eight surgically treated cases and review of the literature
Department of Neurosurgery, SB Goztepe Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Pediatr Neurosurg 45:19-28. 2009
..The characteristics of Chiari malformation type III and its treatment are evaluated in this study. Radiological and surgical findings were correlated and the benefits of the therapy are discussed...
- A new entity: Chiari Zero malformation and its surgical method
M H Goztepe Education and Research Hospital, Department of Neurosurgery, Istanbul, Turkey
Turk Neurosurg 21:264-8. 2011
- Surgical treatment of huge congenital extracranial immature teratoma: a case report
Department of Neurosurgery, S B Goztepe Education and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Childs Nerv Syst 27:833-9. 2011
..To date, the patient has survived for 6 months without neurological deficit. We conclude that acceptable functional outcomes in the context of massive congenital craniofacial teratomas can be achieved by early radical resection...
- Impact of 1p/19q codeletion on the diagnosis and prognosis of different grades of meningioma
a Department of Neurosurgery, Istanbul Medeniyet University, Goztepe Education and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Br J Neurosurg 30:571-6. 2016
..In this study, we aimed to examine the effect of 1p/19q deletion on the diagnosis and prognosis of meningioma subtypes using the fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) method...
- Correlation between SPARC (Osteonectin) expression with immunophenotypical and invasion characteristics of pituitary adenomas
Department of Neurosurgery, Medipol University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
APMIS 123:199-204. 2015
..Absence of significant SPARC expression in tumor progression, sellar dilatation, erosion and destruction suggest that SPARC scores are not related with invasiveness or progressiveness of pituitary adenomas. ..
- A new molecule in aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: dendroaspis natriuretic peptide
West Bahat Hospital, Department of Neurosurgery, Istanbul, Turkey
Turk Neurosurg 24:38-43. 2014
..In this study, we aimed to find out the role of DNP in the development of vasospasm following aneurysmal SAH (subarachnoid hemorrhage)...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme insertion/deletion gene polymorphism in patients with familial multiple cerebral cavernous malformations
Department of Neurosurgery, Tayfur Ata Sokmen Medical Faculty, Mustafa Kemal University, Antakya Hatay 31700, Turkey
J Clin Neurosci 17:1034-7. 2010
..05). These results suggest that the D polymorphism of the ACE gene may be involved in the pathogenesis of familial CCM...
- Microsurgical fenestration and cystoperitoneal shunt through preauricular subtemporal keyhole craniotomy for the treatment of symptomatic middle fossa arachnoid cysts in children
Faculty of Medicine Department of Neurosurgery, Medipol University, Istanbul, Turkey
Childs Nerv Syst 31:87-93. 2015
..The most leading therapeutic options include cyst shunting and fenestration (endoscopic, microsurgical). We present our experience on surgical treatments of arachnoid cysts...
- The role of a single nucleotide polymorphism of the matrix metalloproteinase-1 gene promoter region in invasion and prognosis of meningiomas
Ministry of Health, Dr Lutfi Kirdar Kartal Training and Research Hospital, Neurosurgery Clinic, Istanbul, Turkey
Turk Neurosurg 24:731-6. 2014
..In this study, we analyzed the prevalence of a guanine insertion in the MMP-1 gene promoter region in meningiomas and its effect on invasion and prognosis...
- Investigation of ACE genome insertion/deletion correlation with immunohistochemical profile in pituitary adenomas
Mustafa Kemal University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Neurosurgery, Antakya, Turkey
Turk Neurosurg 23:464-9. 2013
..In this study, we aimed to identify the ACE genome insertion/deletion polymorphism in pituitary adenomas and to compare it with the control group...
- Sturge-weber syndrome: a case report with persistent headache
Istanbul Medeniyet University Goztepe Education and Research Hospital, Neurology Department, Istanbul, Turkey
Pan Afr Med J 18:87. 2014
..SWS are a very rare and challenging disease for both the patients and their families. Usually migraine type headache is seen in SWS but it should not be forgotten that more generalized headaches like tension type may also be seen. ..
- Currarino triad: surgical management and follow-up results of four [correction of three] cases
Department of Neurosurgery, Goztepe Research and Education Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey nejatisik hotmail com
Pediatr Neurosurg 46:110-9. 2010
..Such approaches are performed easily by transdural ligation of the neck of the anterior sacral meningocele or through tumor excision...
- Noninvasive estimation of cerebral perfusion pressure with transcranial Doppler ultrasonography in traumatic brain injury
M H Istanbul Medeniyet University, Goztepe Education and Research Hospital, Department of Anesthesiology and Reanimation, Istanbul, Turkey
Turk Neurosurg 22:411-5. 2012
..The study is assigned to estimate CPP values with middle cerebral artery (MCA) flow velocities measured noninvasively using transcranial Doppler ultrasonography (TCD)...
- The Acute and Delayed Effects of Vagal Nerve Stimulation on an Absence Epilepsy Model in WAG/Rij
Antalya Education and Research Hospital, Department of Neurosurgery, Antalya, Turkey
Turk Neurosurg 26:352-6. 2016
..We designed an experimental study on Wistar Albino Glaxo rats from Rijswijk (WAGRij) to investigate the effects of VNS on a non-convulsive epilepsy model...
- Intracranial cholesteatoma - case report and critical review
T E Habesoglu
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Haydarpasa Numune Education and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Clin Neuropathol 28:440-4. 2009
..Synonyms for cholesteatoma found in the literature include epidermoid tumor, epidermoid cysts and epithelial inclusion cyst. Intracranial extension of an acquired cholesteatoma is a rarely documented occurrence...