- Dentali F, Gianni M, Lussana F, Squizzato A, Cattaneo M, Ageno W. Polymorphisms of the Z protein protease inhibitor and risk of venous thromboembolism: a meta-analysis. Br J Haematol. 2008;143:284-7 pubmed publisher..Five studies involving 5000 patients were included. R67X and W303X mutations of Serpina10 were not associated with increased VTE risk (OR 1.63; 95% CI 0.84, 3.16 and OR 1.21; 95% CI 0.29, 4.98 respectively). ..
- Dentali F, Ageno W, Becattini C, Galli L, Gianni M, Riva N, et al. Prevalence and clinical history of incidental, asymptomatic pulmonary embolism: a meta-analysis. Thromb Res. 2010;125:518-22 pubmed publisher..27 and OR 1.80 respectively). The prevalence of incidental PE is clinically relevant. Future studies are necessary to properly evaluate the clinical history of these patients. ..
- Dentali F, Ageno W, Rancan E, Donati A, Galli L, Squizzato A, et al. Seasonal and monthly variability in the incidence of venous thromboembolism. A systematic review and a meta-analysis of the literature. Thromb Haemost. 2011;106:439-47 pubmed publisher..Future studies are needed to better clarify the mechanisms behind this pattern. ..
- Dentali F, Riva N, Crowther M, Turpie A, Lip G, Ageno W. Efficacy and safety of the novel oral anticoagulants in atrial fibrillation: a systematic review and meta-analysis of the literature. Circulation. 2012;126:2381-91 pubmed publisher..NOACs are associated with an overall clinical benefit compared with vitamin K antagonists. Additional research is required to confirm these findings outside the context of randomized trials. ..
- Dentali F, Fantoni C. Is it reasonable to use a lower DOAC dose in some patients with VTE? NO. Intern Emerg Med. 2017;12:565-567 pubmed publisher..In light of this evidence, the use of lower DOAC dose in patients with VTE does not appear reasonable and may be potentially dangerous. ..
- Dentali F, Galli M, Gianni M, Ageno W. Inherited thrombophilic abnormalities and risk of portal vein thrombosis. a meta-analysis. Thromb Haemost. 2008;99:675-82 pubmed publisher..The pooled OR for PVT was 1.90 (95%CI: 1.25, 2.90) in patients with FVL and 4.48 (95%CI: 3.10, 6.48) in patients with PTM. In conclusion, PVT is associated with the presence of FVL and PTM in Western Europe. ..