- An adaptive theory of increasing mortality with increasing chronological age in populations in the wild
via Cavour 13, Caivano 80023, Naples, Italy
J Theor Biol 132:145-62. 1988
..In such cases, survival curves must be of type II or III of Pianka's classification (1970). It is discussed if IMICAW might be a consequence of the action of many harmful genes that express themselves tardily in the course of life...
- Non-Programmed Versus Programmed Aging Paradigm
Independent Researcher, ASL NA2 Nord Naples, Italy
Curr Aging Sci . 2015
..On the contrary, they are consistent or compatible with the predictions of the second paradigm...
- Aging of perennial cells and organ parts according to the programmed aging paradigm
Department of Translational Medical Sciences, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
Age (Dordr) 38:35. 2016
..Moreover, for the two organ parts (crystalline core and tooth enamel) without viable cells or any cell turnover, it is discussed how this is entirely compatible with the programmed aging paradigm. ..
- Non-programmed versus programmed aging paradigm
Independent Researcher, Member of ISEB Italian Society of Evolutionary Biology, Italy
Curr Aging Sci 8:56-68. 2015
..On the contrary, they are consistent or compatible with the predictions of the second paradigm. ..
- Phylogeny of Aging and Related Phenoptotic Phenomena
Independent Researcher, Caivano, Naples, 80023, Italy
Biochemistry (Mosc) 80:1529-46. 2015
- The programmed aging paradigm: how we get old
Biochemistry (Mosc) 79:1004-16. 2014
..The possibility of such a description, based on sound evidence, is an essential element for the plausibility of the new paradigm, and a fundamental argument against the tenability of the old paradigm. ..
- The concept of phenoptosis and its usefulness for controlling aging
ASL Napoli 2 Nord, Italy
Curr Aging Sci 7:32-7. 2014
..It follows that, in principle, aging is modifiable even up to the condition, already existing for many species, of "negligible senescence", alias unlimited longevity. ..
- Evidence for aging theories from the study of a hunter-gatherer people (Ache of Paraguay)
Biochemistry (Mosc) 78:1023-32. 2013
..These data are consistent with similar data from other species studied under natural conditions, and they bring new arguments against the non-adaptive interpretation of aging and in support of the adaptive interpretation. ..
- Evolutionary explanations of the "actuarial senescence in the wild" and of the "state of senility"
Independent Researcher, via Cavour 13, Caivano 80023, Naples, Italy
ScientificWorldJournal 6:1086-108. 2006
- Empirical evidence for various evolutionary hypotheses on species demonstrating increasing mortality with increasing chronological age in the wild
ScientificWorldJournal 8:182-93. 2008
..On the whole, the hypothesis of an adaptive meaning appears to be consistent with the empirical evidence, while the other two hypotheses hardly appear compatible...
- Classification of phenoptotic phenomena
Biochemistry (Mosc) 77:707-15. 2012
..Examples of each type and subtype are given. The classification is discussed in its meaning and implications, and compared with another classification of end life types largely based on the classical concept of senescence...
- Phenoptosis, another specialized neologism, or the mark of a widespread revolution?
Biochemistry (Mosc) 77:795-8. 2012