- Olivieri F, Antonicelli R, Lorenzi M, D Alessandra Y, Lazzarini R, Santini G, et al. Diagnostic potential of circulating miR-499-5p in elderly patients with acute non ST-elevation myocardial infarction. Int J Cardiol. 2013;167:531-6 pubmed publisher..86 vs. cTnT AUC=0.68 and vs. hs-cTnT AUC=0.70). Circulating miR-499-5p is a sensitive biomarker of acute NSTEMI in the elderly, exhibiting a diagnostic accuracy superior to that of cTnT in patients with modest elevation at presentation. ..
- Olivieri F, Galeazzi R, Giavarina D, Testa R, Abbatecola A, Ceka A, et al. Aged-related increase of high sensitive Troponin T and its implication in acute myocardial infarction diagnosis of elderly patients. Mech Ageing Dev. 2012;133:300-5 pubmed publisher..8 ng/L resulted the hs-cTnT cut-off value with the highest efficiency in AMI diagnosis of geriatric patients. Our data suggest that the hs-cTnT cut-off value must be age-tailored to improve the AMI diagnostic accuracy. ..
- Olivieri F, Lazzarini R, Babini L, Prattichizzo F, Rippo M, Tiano L, et al. Anti-inflammatory effect of ubiquinol-10 on young and senescent endothelial cells via miR-146a modulation. Free Radic Biol Med. 2013;63:410-20 pubmed publisher..These phenomena may play a role in preventing the endothelial dysfunction associated with major age-related diseases. ..
- Olivieri F, Antonicelli R, Recchioni R, Mariotti S, Marcheselli F, Lisa R, et al. Telomere/telomerase system impairment in circulating angiogenic cells of geriatric patients with heart failure. Int J Cardiol. 2013;164:99-105 pubmed publisher..CACs from CHF patients are characterized by telomere/telomerase system impairment, providing new insight into the clinical relevance of CACs in CHF pathogenesis. ..
- Olivieri F, Spazzafumo L, Santini G, Lazzarini R, Albertini M, Rippo M, et al. Age-related differences in the expression of circulating microRNAs: miR-21 as a new circulating marker of inflammaging. Mech Ageing Dev. 2012;133:675-85 pubmed publisher..TGF-βR2 mRNA, a validated miR-21 target, showed the highest expression in the leukocytes from a subset of the octogenarians. Our findings suggest that miR-21 may be a new biomarker of inflammation. ..
- Prattichizzo F, Micolucci L, Cricca M, De Carolis S, Mensà E, Ceriello A, et al. Exosome-based immunomodulation during aging: A nano-perspective on inflamm-aging. Mech Ageing Dev. 2017;: pubmed publisher..e. the virome), sketching a nano-perspective on inflamm-aging and on the mechanisms involved in health maintenance throughout life. ..