Affiliation: Institute for Study and Cancer Prevention
Location: Florence, Italy
Problems due to the prolonged permanence of asbestos-containing materials.]
Epidemiol Prev. 2011 Mar-Apr;35(2):139-143
Pleural malignant mesothelioma epidemic. Incidence, modalities of asbestos exposure and occupations involved from the italian national register.
Int J Cancer. 2011 Jun 6. doi: 10.1002/ijc.26229. [Epub ahead of print]
- [Asbestos import in Italy: the transit through Livorno harbour from 1957 to 1995]Alessandro Nemo
Azienda USL 6 Livorno, Dipartimento della Prevenzione, UF PISLL, Area Livornese
Epidemiol Prev 33:59-64. 2009..These results will help the historical assessment of occupational asbestos exposure of the Livorno dockers...
- Asbestos in toys: an exemplary caseStefano Silvestri
Institute for Study and Prevention of Cancer Via delle Oblate 2, 50141 Florence, Italy
Scand J Work Environ Health 42:80-5. 2016..It was largely used as a toy between 1963 and 1975 in Italy, Netherlands, Germany, UK and Norway. This case report describes and reports the presence of asbestos in DAS...
- Managing asbestos in Italy: twenty years after the banStefano Silvestri
Occupational Hygienist in the environmental occupational epidemiology unit, Institute for Study and Prevention of Cancer, Florence, Italy
New Solut 22:489-96. 2012....
- [Carcinogens exposure risk control: balance and strategies of action within the most emblematic industrial divisions]Stefano Silvestri
U O Epidemiologia ambientale occupazionale, Istituto per lo Studio e la Prevenzione Oncologica, Firenze, Italia
Epidemiol Prev 33:37-42. 2009..The economic advantages should gradually cover the cost of risk control technology...
- [Problems due to the prolonged permanence of asbestos-containing materials]Stefano Silvestri
Istituto per lo Studio e la Prevenzione Oncologica, Firenze, Italy
Epidemiol Prev 35:139-43. 2011..Now it's time to think about the possible health impact on the Italian population, and workers in particular, for the prolonged permanence of asbestos-containing materials, in civil and industrial areas...