Affiliation: University of Padova
- Detection of Babesia EU1 in Ixodes ricinus ticks in northern ItalyRudi Cassini
Dipartimento di Scienze Sperimentali Veterinarie, Universita degli Studi di Padova, Viale dell Universita, 16, 35020 Legnaro PD, Italy
Vet Parasitol 171:151-4. 2010..Babesia EU1 estimated individual tick prevalence in the area is 0.85%. The finding that also in northern Italy the tick population is carrying Babesia EU1 suggests a wide geographical spreading of this zoonotic pathogen in Europe...
- Lungworms in Alpine ibex (Capra ibex) in the eastern Alps, Italy: An ecological approachRudi Cassini
Department of Animal Medicine, Production and Health, University of Padova, Viale dell Universita, 16, 35020 Legnaro, PD, Italy Electronic address
Vet Parasitol 214:132-8. 2015..ibex. Based on results, ibex in the Marmolada massif seem to have an ecologically stable relationship with their lungworm community...
- Preliminary study of the effects of preventive measures on the prevalence of Canine Leishmaniosis in a recently established focus in northern ItalyRudi Cassini
Department of Comparative Biomedicine and Food Science, University of Padova, Viale dell Universita 16, 35020 Legnaro PD, Italy
Vet Ital 49:157-61. 2013..Although still preliminary, the results show high sensitization of dog owners and suggest that the mass use of collars and spot-on acts positively in reducing the circulation of L. infantum. ..
- Risk of canine and human exposure to Dirofilaria immitis infected mosquitoes in endemic areas of ItalyGioia Capelli
Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale delle Venezie, Legnaro, Padua, Italy
Parasit Vectors 6:60. 2013..immitis in endemic areas. Data collected on dog- and human-bait traps in endemic areas of north-eastern Italy were used to estimate the likelihood of a receptive host coming into contact with an infected vector...
- New insights into the epidemiology of bovine piroplasmoses in ItalyR Cassini
Dipartimento di Scienze Sperimentali Veterinarie, Universita degli Studi di Padova, Viale dell Universita, 16 35020 Legnaro PD, Italy
Vet Parasitol 184:77-82. 2012..Our findings suggest that different species of piroplasms are circulating in bovine populations in Central and Northern Italy, and provide new insights into the complex epidemiology of bovine piroplasmoses in Italy...
- Heartworm (Dirofilaria immitis) infection in a leopard (Panthera pardus pardus) housed in a zoological park in north-eastern ItalySandro Mazzariol
Dipartimento di Scienze Sperimentali Veterinarie, Università degli Studi di Padova Viale dell Università, 16 35020, Legnaro Padova, Italy
Parasit Vectors 3:25. 2010..HW chemoprophylaxis and annual serological testing on wild felids housed outdoors in endemic cHW disease areas are recommended. This is the first diagnosis of D. immitis infection in an exotic felid in Italy...
- Canine piroplasmosis in Italy: epidemiological aspects in vertebrate and invertebrate hostsR Cassini
Dipartimento di Scienze Sperimentali Veterinarie, Universita degli Studi di Padova, Viale dell Universita 16, Legnaro PD, Italy
Vet Parasitol 165:30-5. 2009..Vector importance of both Rh. sanguineus and I. ricinus is hypothesized, but further investigation is needed...
- Copromicroscopic and molecular investigations on intestinal parasites in kenneled dogsGiulia Simonato
Department of Animal Medicine, Production and Health, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Parasitol Res 114:1963-70. 2015....
- Ecological niche model of Phlebotomus perniciosus, the main vector of canine leishmaniasis in north-eastern ItalyManuela Signorini
Department of Animal Medicine, Production and Health, University of Padova, Legnaro, Italy
Geospat Health 9:193-201. 2014..ENM provided a greater understanding of the geographical distribution and ecological requirements of P. perniciosus in the study area, which can be applied for the development of future surveillance strategies. ..
- Occurrence and identification of risk areas of Ixodes ricinus-borne pathogens: a cost-effectiveness analysis in north-eastern ItalyGioia Capelli
Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale delle Venezie, Viale dell Universita, 10, 35020, Legnaro PD, Italy
Parasit Vectors 5:61. 2012..Based on our results, different strategies for tick collection and pathogen screening and their relative costs were evaluated and discussed...