Affiliation: Primate Research Institute
Location: Inuyama, Japan
PhD candidate at the Primate Research Institute, Kyoto University
- Hematological, hepatic, and renal evaluation in Aotus azarai infulatusR S C Takeshita
Universidade Federal Rural da Amazônia UFRA, Instituto da Saúde e Produção Animal ISPA, Belem, Para, Brasil
J Med Primatol 40:104-10. 2011..Hematological evaluations and clinical chemistry were performed on livers and kidneys from owl monkeys with different sexes and age ranges...
- Effect of age and number of parturitions on uterine and ovarian variables in owl monkeysL N Coutinho
Universidade Estadual Paulista Julio de Mesquita Filho UNESP, Faculdade de Ciências Agrárias e Veterinárias FCAV, Jaboticabal, SP, Brasil
J Med Primatol 40:310-6. 2011..We aimed to evaluate the uterine and ovarian volumes of owl monkeys in different age groups with different numbers of live births and to analyze the interaction between both...
- Renal evaluation of Aotus azarai infulatus by ultrasonography and serum chemistry profileFernanda Luiza de Miranda Lins E Lins
Universidade Federal Rural da Amazônia, Instituto da Saúde e Produção Animal, Belem, PA, Brasil
Am J Primatol 74:482-90. 2012..a. infulatus. Evidence is also provided that SCr and BUN levels in owl monkeys are influenced by the sex and age of the individual, factors that should be considered when interpreting test results...
- Qualitative analysis of preputial and vaginal bacterial microbiota in owl monkeys (Aotus azarai infulatus) raised in captivityG A da Silva
Instituto da Saúde e Produção Animal ISPA, Universidade Federal Rural da Amazônia UFRA, Belem, Para, Brazil
J Med Primatol 42:71-8. 2013....
- The influence of age and season on fecal dehydroepiandrosterone-sulfate (DHEAS) concentrations in Japanese macaques (Macaca fuscata)Rafaela Sayuri Cicalise Takeshita
Department of Ecology and Social Behavior, Primate Research Institute, Kyoto University, Inuyama, Aichi, Japan
Gen Comp Endocrinol 191:39-43. 2013..Neonatal macaques had the highest DHEAS concentrations of all age groups. We suggest that elevated neonatal DHEAS is possibly a residue from fetal adrenal secretion and that, as in humans, it might assist in neurobiological development. ..
- Dead or alive? Predicting fetal loss in Japanese macaques (Macaca fuscata) by fecal metabolitesRafaela S C Takeshita
Department of Ecology and Social Behavior, Primate Research Institute, Kyoto University, 41 2, Kanrin, Inuyama, Aichi 484 8506, Japan Electronic address
Anim Reprod Sci 175:33-38. 2016..Low DHEAS levels could be a marker of an unsuccessful pregnancy in primates. Monitoring fDHEAS levels can be useful in zoos and institute management and can be applied to wild and free-ranging populations...