Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Norwegian School of Veterinary Science
- Plasmid-borne smr gene causes resistance to quaternary ammonium compounds in bovine Staphylococcus aureusJ Bjorland
Department of Reproduction and Forensic Medicine, National Veterinary Institute, Oslo, Norway
J Clin Microbiol 39:3999-4004. 2001..The study indicates that the occurrence and spread of QAC-resistant S. aureus among dairy cows may be a problem that needs further investigation...
- Novel plasmid-borne gene qacJ mediates resistance to quaternary ammonium compounds in equine Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus simulans, and Staphylococcus intermediusJostein Bjorland
Department of Reproduction and Forensic Medicine, The Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, Oslo, Norway
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:3046-52. 2003..In three of the horses, a skin preparation containing cetyltrimethylammonium bromide had been used extensively for several years; this might explain the selection of staphylococci harboring the novel QAC resistance gene...
- Widespread distribution of disinfectant resistance genes among staphylococci of bovine and caprine origin in NorwayJostein Bjorland
Department of Production Animal Clinical Sciences, Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, Oslo
J Clin Microbiol 43:4363-8. 2005....
- Deletion of pT181-like sequence in an smr-encoding mosaic plasmid harboured by a persistent bovine Staphylococcus warneri strainJostein Bjorland
Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, PO Box 8146 Dep, N 0033 Oslo, Norway
J Antimicrob Chemother 57:46-51. 2006..The aim was to study the persistence and characteristics of Staphylococcus warneri strains resistant to quaternary ammonium compounds (QACs), including sequencing and analysis of two plasmids proved to carry the smr gene...
- The smr gene resides on a novel plasmid pSP187 identified in a Staphylococcus pasteuri isolate recovered from unpasteurized milkJostein Bjorland
Department of Production Animal Clinical Sciences, Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, P O Box 8146 Dep, N 0033 Oslo, Norway
Plasmid 57:145-55. 2007..In conclusion: The novel smr-containing plasmid pSP187 is the first member of RCR group VI to be identified in a Staphylococcus sp...
- Spread of Staphylococcus aureus resistant to penicillin and tetracycline within and between dairy herdsS Waage
Section of Cattle Health, National Veterinary Institute, Oslo, Norway
Epidemiol Infect 129:193-202. 2002..aureus occurring in dairy herds in Norway mainly seems to represent one particular strain that has achieved widespread distribution or belong to one of several different strains carrying identical plasmids...