Affiliation: Rayalaseema University
Location: Kurnool, India
Working on alzheimers disease animal models
1. M. Obulesu, Dowlathabad Muralidhara Rao, N.M. Shamasundar. Studies on genomic DNA stability in aluminium maltolate treated aged New Zealand rabbit: Relevance to the alzheimer
- Tau mediated neurodegeneration: an insight into Alzheimer's disease pathologyM Obulesu
Department of Biotechnology, Rayalaseema University, Kurnool, India
Neurochem Res 36:1329-35. 2011..The role of caspase cascade in tau cleavage has been emphasized. The summary of current studies on tau and the need for future studies has been accentuated...
- Neuroprotective Role of Nanoparticles Against Alzheimer's DiseaseMagisetty Obulesu
Graduate School of Pure and Applied Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tennoudai 1 1 1, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8573, Japan
Curr Drug Metab 17:142-9. 2016..Despite numerous novel nanotechnology methods targeted against cancer and neurodegenerative diseases such as AD in the past decade, several challenges impeded their success...
- Apoptosis in Alzheimer's disease: an understanding of the physiology, pathology and therapeutic avenuesM Obulesu
Department of Materials Science, Graduate School of Pure and Applied Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305 8573, Japan
Neurochem Res 39:2301-12. 2014..In light of this, the burgeoning need to develop animal models to study the efficacy of various therapeutic effects has been accentuated. ..
- Lipid peroxidation in Alzheimer's disease: emphasis on metal-mediated neurotoxicityM Obulesu
Department of Biotechnology, Capital College, Bangalore, India
Acta Neurol Scand 124:295-301. 2011..The factors, which make brain vulnerable for lipid peroxidation, have been discussed. It also focuses on possible treatment options and future directions...
- Genetics of Alzheimer's disease: an insight into presenilins and apolipoprotein E instigated neurodegenerationM Obulesu
Rayalaseema University, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh, India
Int J Neurosci 121:229-36. 2011..In addition, a few animal models employed to study these mutations and a few therapeutic avenues studied were summarized...
- Carotenoids and Alzheimer's disease: an insight into therapeutic role of retinoids in animal modelsM Obulesu
Department of Biotechnology, Rayalaseema University, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh, India
Neurochem Int 59:535-41. 2011..This study emphasizes the dietary supplementation of carotenoids to combat AD and warrants further studies on animal models to unravel their mechanism of neuroprotection...