Affiliation: Brigham and Womens hospital
Location: Boston, USA
- The usefulness of dynamically balanced FFE WATS-MR imaging with kinematic display for studying pediatric gastrointestinal diseaseYoshio Watanabe
Pediatric Surgery, Aichi Children s Health and Medical Center, 1 2 Osakada, Morioka cho, Obu City, Aichi, 474 0031, Japan
Pediatr Surg Int 21:868-72. 2005..A cine mode at 10 times the normal speed provided characteristic images reflecting gastrointestinal water movement abnormalities in pediatric patients...
- Splenic flexure volvulus in a child with chronic idiopathic intestinal pseudo-obstruction syndromeAkinori Osuka
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Aichi Children s Health and Medical Center, 1 2 Osakada, Morioka cho, Obu City, Aichi 474 0031, Japan
Pediatr Surg Int 22:833-5. 2006..Postoperatively she made an uneventful recovery. Possible factors of pathogenesis and therapeutic measures are discussed...
- Duodenal disruption diagnosed 5 days after blunt trauma in a 2-year-old child: report of a caseAkinori Osuka
Osaka Prefectural Senshu Critical Care Medical Center, 2 24 Rinku Orai Kita, Izumisano, Osaka 598 0048, Japan
Surg Today 37:984-8. 2007..The child recovered uneventfully. We discuss the diagnostic strategies and therapeutic measures for this type of injury...
- Is this the worst outcome of metabolic syndrome? Hypophosphatemia and resulting cardiac arrest during the treatment of diabetic ketoacidosis with hypertriglyceridemiaAkinori Osuka
Critical Care, Osaka Prefectural Senshu Critical Care Medical Center, Izumisano
Intern Med 48:1391-5. 2009..Although such a critical condition has not been reported, it may occur during treatment of patients with poorly controlled type 2 diabetes with DKA...
- Patterns of Gram-stained fecal flora as a quick diagnostic marker in patients with severe SIRSKentaro Shimizu
Department of Clinical Quality Management, Osaka University Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 56:1782-8. 2011..Although Gram staining is a common and quick method for identifying bacteria, its clinical application has not been fully evaluated in critically ill conditions...
- Gastrointestinal dysmotility is associated with altered gut flora and septic mortality in patients with severe systemic inflammatory response syndrome: a preliminary studyK Shimizu
Department of Clinical Quality Management, Osaka University Hospital, Suita City, Osaka, Japan
Neurogastroenterol Motil 23:330-5, e157. 2011..We investigated gut flora and motility to evaluate the impact of gastrointestinal dysmotility on septic complications in patients with severe systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS)...
- Acute intestinal damage following severe burn correlates with the development of multiple organ dysfunction syndrome: A prospective cohort studyAkinori Osuka
Department of Trauma, Critical Care Medicine and Burn Center, Japan Community Healthcare Organization Chukyo Hospital, Nagoya, Japan Department of Traumatology and Acute Critical Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Japan Electronic address
Burns . 2016..This study aimed to assess the extent of intestinal damage using serial I-FABP measurements following severe burn and to clarify the association between intestinal damage and the development of organ dysfunctions...