Affiliation: Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research
- Blitek A, Kiewisz J, Waclawik A, Kaczmarek M, Ziecik A. Effect of steroids on HOXA10 mRNA and protein expression and prostaglandin production in the porcine endometrium. J Reprod Dev. 2010;56:643-8 pubmed..Additionally, the similar profiles of endometrial HOXA10 and PGHS-2 expression in the presence of E(2) and P(4) indicate that both genes are simultaneously regulated by steroids in the porcine uterus. ..
- Blitek A, Morawska E, Kiewisz J, Ziecik A. Effect of conceptus secretions on HOXA10 and PTGS2 gene expression, and PGE2 release in co-cultured luminal epithelial and stromal cells of the porcine endometrium at the time of early implantation. Theriogenology. 2011;76:954-66 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the co-culture system of LE and ST cells is a promising model for the study of endometrial response to conceptus-derived factors. ..
- Blitek A, Morawska E, Ziecik A. Regulation of expression and role of leukemia inhibitory factor and interleukin-6 in the uterus of early pregnant pigs. Theriogenology. 2012;78:951-64 pubmed publisher..In summary, LIF and IL-6 are important components of embryo-uterine interactions during early pregnancy in the pig, and may contribute to successful conceptus implantation. ..
- Morawska Pucinska E, Szymanska M, Blitek A. Expression profile and role of prostacyclin receptor (PTGIR) in peri-implantation porcine conceptuses. Theriogenology. 2014;82:546-56 pubmed publisher..In summary, PTGIR is expressed in porcine conceptuses, and PGI2 acting through this receptor may promote the attachment and proliferation of Tr cells, thereby facilitating conceptus implantation. ..
- Blitek A, Szymanska M. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) isoforms are differentially expressed in peri-implantation porcine conceptuses. Theriogenology. 2017;101:53-61 pubmed publisher..01). Collectively, these results indicate that among all three PPARs expressed in peri-implantation porcine conceptuses, PPARD and PPARG may be involved in conceptus elongation before implantation. ..