Julia V Bukanova
- Selective suppression of the slow-inactivating potassium currents by nootropics in molluscan neuronsJulia V Bukanova
Brain Research Institute, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 5:229-37. 2002..A possible role of slow-inactivating subtypes of the K+ channels in the development of different forms of dementia is discussed...
- Functional modulation of strychnine-sensitive glycine receptors in rat hippocampal pyramidal neurons by amyloid-β protein (1-42)J V Bukanova
Brain Research Department, Research Center of Neurology, Moscow, Russia Electronic address
Brain Res 1651:61-72. 2016..The observed changes in the activity of glycine receptors induced by Aβ can lead to suppression of the tonic inhibition of hippocampal neurons mediated by extrasynaptic glycine receptors...
- Amyloid β peptide (25-35) in picomolar concentrations modulates the function of glycine receptors in rat hippocampal pyramidal neurons through interaction with extracellular site(s)J V Bukanova
Brain Research Department, Research Center of Neurology, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, per Obukha 5, Moscow 105064, Russia Electronic address
Brain Res 1558:1-10. 2014..Furthermore, Aβ can suppress the peak amplitude of glycine current, but this effect develops slowly and may be mediated through some intracellular machinery...
- The effects of ferric iron on voltage-gated potassium currents in molluscan neuronsJulia V Bukanova
Department of Brain Research, Institute of Neurology, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Neuroreport 18:1395-8. 2007..Our work is the first demonstration of the strong blocking effect of Fe3+ on potassium currents of neuronal membrane...
- Cyclic nucleotides induce long-term augmentation of glutamate-activated chloride current in molluscan neuronsJulia V Bukanova
Brain Research Institute, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, per Obukha 5, 105064, Moscow, Russia
Cell Mol Neurobiol 25:1185-94. 2005..The blocking effect of picrotoxin rested after 8-Br-cAMP treatment. 6. The change in the Cl- -homeostasis as a possible mechanism for the observed effect of cyclic nucleotides is discussed...
- The binding of donepezil with external mouth of K+-channels of molluscan neuronsElena I Solntseva
Department of Brain Research, Center of Neurology RAMS, 105064 per Obukha 5, Moscow, Russia
Cell Mol Neurobiol 29:219-24. 2009..Results suggest that TEA interferes with donepezil and precludes the occupation by donepezil of its own site. We suppose that the site for donepezil is situated near the TEA site with possible overlap...
- Donepezil in low micromolar concentrations modulates voltage-gated potassium currents in pyramidal neurons of rat hippocampusElena I Solntseva
Department of Brain Research, Center of Neurology, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 430:1066-71. 2013..Augmentation of I(K(A)) increased with membrane depolarization. Our results show for the first time that voltage-dependent potassium channels in mammals' neurons are effectively modulated by low micromolar concentrations of donepezil...
- Donepezil in a narrow concentration range augments control and impaired by beta-amyloid peptide hippocampal LTP in NMDAR-independent mannerNadezhda A Kapai
Department of Brain Research, Center of Neurology RAMS, 5 per Obukha, 105064 Moscow, Russia
Cell Mol Neurobiol 32:219-26. 2012..In general, our findings extend the understanding of mechanisms of therapeutic action of donepezil, especially at an early stage of AD, and maybe taken into account while considering the possibility of donepezil overdose...
- Donepezil is a strong antagonist of voltage-gated calcium and potassium channels in molluscan neuronsElena I Solntseva
Brain Research Institute, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Per Obukha, 5, 105064, Moscow, Russia
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 144:319-26. 2007..Results suggest the possible contribution of the blocking effect of donepezil on the voltage-gated Ca(2+)- and K(+)-channels to the neuroprotective effect of the drug...
- Block of GABA(A) receptor ion channel by penicillin: electrophysiological and modeling insights toward the mechanismAlexey V Rossokhin
Research Center of Neurology, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, 105064 Moscow, Russia Electronic address
Mol Cell Neurosci 63:72-82. 2014..The predicted structural models support the described mechanism of PNG block...
- Glycine receptor in hippocampal neurons as a target for action of extracellular cyclic nucleotidesJulia V Bukanova
Research Center of Neurology, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Neurosci Lett 561:58-63. 2014..This work describes a novel mode of action of cyclic nucleotides, namely, the modulation of GlyRs functions from extracellular side...