Affiliation: Sahlgrenska University Hospital
- Zetterberg H, Jacobsson J, Rosengren L, Blennow K, Andersen P. Cerebrospinal fluid neurofilament light levels in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: impact of SOD1 genotype. Eur J Neurol. 2007;14:1329-33 pubmed..518, P = 0.001). NF-L levels were lower in SOD1 mutation-associated ALS compared with SOD1 wild-type (wt) ALS (P = 0.03). In conclusion, CSF NF-L levels may provide both diagnostic and prognostic information, particularly in SOD1 wt ALS. ..
- Westwood S, Liu B, Baird A, Anand S, Nevado Holgado A, Newby D, et al. The influence of insulin resistance on cerebrospinal fluid and plasma biomarkers of Alzheimer's pathology. Alzheimers Res Ther. 2017;9:31 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that IR is not directly related to the level of CSF AD pathology in cognitively healthy men. Proteins that associated with both AD and IR are potential markers indicative of shared pathology. ..
- Kvartsberg H, Portelius E, Andreasson U, Brinkmalm G, Hellwig K, Lelental N, et al. Characterization of the postsynaptic protein neurogranin in paired cerebrospinal fluid and plasma samples from Alzheimer's disease patients and healthy controls. Alzheimers Res Ther. 2015;7:40 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that CSF Ng, in particular Ng48-76, might reflect the neurodegenerative processes within the brain, indicating a role for Ng as a potential novel clinical biomarker for synaptic function in AD. ..
- Craven C, Baudracco I, Zetterberg H, Lunn M, Chapman M, Lakdawala N, et al. The predictive value of T-tau and AB1-42 levels in idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2017;159:2293-2300 pubmed publisher..This is the most comprehensive presentation of CSF samples from INPH patients to date, thus providing further reference values to the current literature. ..
- Zetterberg H, Regland B, Palmer M, Rymo L, Zafiropoulos A, Arvanitis D, et al. The transcobalamin codon 259 polymorphism influences the risk of human spontaneous abortion. Hum Reprod. 2002;17:3033-6 pubmed..Our results warrant additional investigations addressing the question if vitamin B(12) supplementation in addition to folic acid supplementation may prevent spontaneous abortion in women planning a pregnancy. ..
- Zetterberg H, Coppola A, D Angelo A, Palmer M, Rymo L, Blennow K. No association between the MTHFR A1298C and transcobalamin C776G genetic polymorphisms and hyperhomocysteinemia in thrombotic disease. Thromb Res. 2002;108:127-31 pubmed
- Zetterberg H, Zafiropoulos A, Spandidos D, Rymo L, Blennow K. Gene-gene interaction between fetal MTHFR 677C>T and transcobalamin 776C>G polymorphisms in human spontaneous abortion. Hum Reprod. 2003;18:1948-50 pubmed....
- Zetterberg H, Jacobsson J, Rosengren L, Blennow K, Andersen P. Association of APOE with age at onset of sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. J Neurol Sci. 2008;273:67-9 pubmed publisher..027). These data support APOE epsilon4 as a subordinate contributing factor in ALS. ..
- Zetterberg H, Mörtberg E, Song L, Chang L, Provuncher G, Patel P, et al. Hypoxia due to cardiac arrest induces a time-dependent increase in serum amyloid β levels in humans. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28263 pubmed publisher..These data provide the first direct evidence in living humans that ischemia acutely increases Aβ levels in blood. The results point to the possibility that hypoxia may play a role in the amyloidogenic process of AD. ..