Affiliation: Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
- DNA Methylation Influences the Expression of DICER-LIKE4 Isoforms, Which Encode Proteins of Alternative Localization and FunctionNathan Pumplin
Department of Biology, ETH Zurich, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Plant Cell 28:2786-2804. 2016..We propose that, via PTGS, disiRNAs could help to tighten the expression of epigenetically activated TEs and genes using the methylation-state-responsive DCL4NLS...
- The diversity, biogenesis, and activities of endogenous silencing small RNAs in ArabidopsisNicolás G Bologna
Department of Biology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH Z, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland Email
Annu Rev Plant Biol 65:473-503. 2014..We emphasize in particular the biogenesis and activities of silencing sRNAs of endogenous origin. ..
- Selective autophagy degrades DICER and AGO2 and regulates miRNA activityDerrick Gibbings
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH Z, Department of Biology, Zurich 8092, Switzerland
Nat Cell Biol 14:1314-21. 2012..These findings have implications for human diseases linked to misregulated autophagy, DICER- and miRNA-levels, including cancer...
- Extreme resistance as a host counter-counter defense against viral suppression of RNA silencingRaphaël Sansregret
Centre SEVE, Departement de Biologie, Faculte des Sciences, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
PLoS Pathog 9:e1003435. 2013..These results show that plants have evolved specific responses against the damages incurred by VSRs to the cellular silencing machinery, a likely necessary step in the never-ending molecular arms race opposing pathogens to their hosts...
- RNAi-dependent and independent control of LINE1 accumulation and mobility in mouse embryonic stem cellsConstance Ciaudo
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, Department of Biology, Chair of RNA Biology, Zurich, Switzerland Institut Curie, CNRS UMR3215, Paris, France
PLoS Genet 9:e1003791. 2013..These results shed new light on L1 biology, uncover defensive, in addition to regulatory roles for RNAi, and raise questions on the differentiation defects of Dicer(-/-) mESCs. ..
- Deep-sequencing protocols influence the results obtained in small-RNA sequencingJoern Toedling
Institut Curie, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e32724. 2012..Thus, when comparing libraries from different biological samples, it is strongly recommended to use the same sequencing platform and protocol in order to ensure the biological relevance of the comparisons...
- Reconstructing de novo silencing of an active plant retrotransposonArturo Marí-Ordóñez
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH Z, Department of Biology, Zurich, Switzerland
Nat Genet 45:1029-39. 2013..We show how this reconstructed TE burst causes widespread genome diversification and de novo epiallelism that could serve as sources for selectable and potentially adaptive traits. ..
- The Arabidopsis miR472-RDR6 silencing pathway modulates PAMP- and effector-triggered immunity through the post-transcriptional control of disease resistance genesMartine Boccara
Institut de Biologie de l Ecole Normale Supérieure IBENS, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique UMR8197, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U1024, Paris, France Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
PLoS Pathog 10:e1003883. 2014....
- RNA silencing suppression by plant pathogens: defence, counter-defence and counter-counter-defenceNathan Pumplin
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich ETH Zurich, Department of Biology, Zurich, Switzerland
Nat Rev Microbiol 11:745-60. 2013....
- Antiviral RNA interference in mammalian cellsP V Maillard
Department of Biology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich ETH Z, Zurich, Switzerland
Science 342:235-8. 2013..We conclude that antiviral RNAi operates in mammalian cells. ..
- Cell-to-cell and long-distance siRNA movement in plants: mechanisms and biological implicationsChristopher Andrew Brosnan
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH Z, Department of Biology, Universitatstrasse 2, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Curr Opin Plant Biol 14:580-7. 2011..We further elaborate on these and other results to propose a unified view of various non-cell autonomous RNA silencing processes that appear to differ in their genetic requirement and modes of perpetuation in plants...