Shan Hui Hsu
Affiliation: National Taiwan University
- Hsu S, Huang S, Wang Y, Kuo Y. Novel nanostructured biodegradable polymer matrices fabricated by phase separation techniques for tissue regeneration. Acta Biomater. 2013;9:6915-27 pubmed publisher..Antimicrobial nanofibers were further obtained by plasma-assisted coating of chitosan on PLA nanofibers. This study reveals a platform for fabricating novel biodegradable nanofibrous architecture, with potential in tissue regeneration...
- Huang Y, Hung K, Hsieh F, Hsu S. Carboxyl-functionalized polyurethane nanoparticles with immunosuppressive properties as a new type of anti-inflammatory platform. Nanoscale. 2015;7:20352-64 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that NP surface chemistry may regulate the immune response, which provides a new paradigm for potential applications of NPs in anti-inflammation and immunomodulation. ..
- Tseng T, Hsieh F, Dai N, Hsu S. Substrate-mediated reprogramming of human fibroblasts into neural crest stem-like cells and their applications in neural repair. Biomaterials. 2016;102:148-61 pubmed publisher..Particularly, the FOXD3 reprogrammed fibroblasts hold promise as an easily accessible cellular source with neural crest stem-like behavior for treating neural diseases in the future. ..
- Hsu S, Tseng H, Hung H, Wang M, Hung C, Li P, et al. Antimicrobial activities and cellular responses to natural silicate clays and derivatives modified by cationic alkylamine salts. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2009;1:2556-64 pubmed publisher..This study helped to understand the antibacterial potential of NSP and the interaction of natural and modified clays with cellular activities...
- Hsu S, Tseng H, Lin Y. The biocompatibility and antibacterial properties of waterborne polyurethane-silver nanocomposites. Biomaterials. 2010;31:6796-808 pubmed publisher..The dispersion of nano Ag was highly associated with the overall performance...
- Tseng T, Hsieh F, Theato P, Wei Y, Hsu S. Glucose-sensitive self-healing hydrogel as sacrificial materials to fabricate vascularized constructs. Biomaterials. 2017;133:20-28 pubmed publisher..The novel sacrificial materials can create complicated but easily removable structure for building a vascularized tissue construct particularly a neurovascular unit. ..
- Han H, Hsu S. Chitosan derived co-spheroids of neural stem cells and mesenchymal stem cells for neural regeneration. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2017;158:527-538 pubmed publisher....
- Tang C, Tian Y, Hsu S. Poly(vinyl alcohol) Nanocomposites Reinforced with Bamboo Charcoal Nanoparticles: Mineralization Behavior and Characterization. Materials (Basel). 2015;8:4895-4911 pubmed publisher..The PVA/BCNP composite hydrogels may have potential applications in alveolar bone regeneration. ..
- Hsieh F, Shrestha L, Ariga K, Hsu S. Neural differentiation on aligned fullerene C60 nanowhiskers. Chem Commun (Camb). 2017;53:11024-11027 pubmed publisher..Neural stem cells on the aligned C60 NWs are oriented and have a high capacity to differentiate into mature neurons. The aligned C60 NWs can serve as a functional scaffold for neural tissue engineering. ..
- Wong C, Chen Y, Chien C, Yu T, Rwei S, Hsu S. A simple and efficient feeder-free culture system to up-scale iPSCs on polymeric material surface for use in 3D bioprinting. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2018;82:69-79 pubmed publisher..The combination of these steps could offer a new possibility for future applications of iPSC-based 3D bioprinting in tissue engineering...