Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Bodewes R, Nieuwkoop N, Verburgh R, Fouchier R, Osterhaus A, Rimmelzwaan G. Use of influenza A viruses expressing reporter genes to assess the frequency of double infections in vitro. J Gen Virol. 2012;93:1645-8 pubmed publisher..Double-infected A549 and Madin-Darby canine kidney cells were detected by confocal microscopy and flow cytometry...
- Bodewes R, Kik M, Raj V, Schapendonk C, Haagmans B, Smits S, et al. Detection of novel divergent arenaviruses in boid snakes with inclusion body disease in The Netherlands. J Gen Virol. 2013;94:1206-10 pubmed publisher..These findings add to the recent identification of the highly divergent arenaviruses in boid snakes with IBD in the United States and indicate that these viruses also circulate among boid snakes in Europe...
- Bodewes R, van der Giessen J, Haagmans B, Osterhaus A, Smits S. Identification of multiple novel viruses, including a parvovirus and a hepevirus, in feces of red foxes. J Virol. 2013;87:7758-64 pubmed publisher..Various novel viruses, including a parvovirus, bocavirus, adeno-associated virus, hepevirus, astroviruses, and picobirnaviruses, were identified...
- Bodewes R, Ruiz Gonzalez A, Schapendonk C, van den Brand J, Osterhaus A, Smits S. Viral metagenomic analysis of feces of wild small carnivores. Virol J. 2014;11:89 pubmed publisher..Detected novel viruses highlight the viral diversity that is present in fecal material of wild carnivores. ..
- Bodewes R, Contreras G, García A, Hapsari R, van de Bildt M, Kuiken T, et al. Identification of DNA sequences that imply a novel gammaherpesvirus in seals. J Gen Virol. 2015;96:1109-14 pubmed publisher..Genetic analysis of the partial polymerase gene of PhHV-7 detected in both species revealed limited sequence variation. Additional studies are needed to elucidate whether the viruses discovered played a role in the disease observed. ..