Genomes and Genes
B J Jungerius
Affiliation: Wageningen University
Country: The Netherlands
- The IGF2-intron3-G3072A substitution explains a major imprinted QTL effect on backfat thickness in a Meishan x European white pig intercrossBart J Jungerius
Department of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Wageningen University, P O Box 40, 6700 AH Wageningen, The Netherlands
Genet Res 84:95-101. 2004..Finally, this study shows that this particular IGF2 mutation does not cause the paternally expressed QTL for teat number mapping to the same region of SSC2p as the BFT QTL...
- POSA: perl objects for DNA sequencing data analysisJan A Aerts
Animal Breeding and Genetics Group, Wageningen University, PO Box 338, 6700AH Wageningen, Netherlands
BMC Genomics 5:60. 2004..Most available software solutions, however, still require user intervention or provide modules that need advanced informatics skills to allow implementation in pipelines...
- Typing single-nucleotide polymorphisms using a gel-based sequencer: a new data analysis tool and suggestions for improved efficiencyBart J Jungerius
Animal Breeding and Genetics Group, PO Box 338, 6700 AH Wageningen, The Netherlands
Mol Biotechnol 25:283-8. 2003..In conclusion, the method described will enable any lab having access to an ABI sequencer to genotype up to 1000 SNPs per day for a single experimenter, without investing in new equipment...
- Development of a single nucleotide polymorphism map of porcine chromosome 2B J Jungerius
Animal Breeding and Genetics Group, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Anim Genet 34:429-37. 2003..Because many of the experimental populations to identify QTL are based on crosses between these breeds, these SNPs are relevant for the fine mapping of the QTL identified within these crosses...
- A high-resolution comparative RH map of porcine chromosome (SSC) 2A P Rattink
Department of Animal Sciences, Animal Breeding and Genetics Group, Wageningen Institute of Animal Sciences, Wageningen University, PO Box 338, 6700 AH, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Mamm Genome 12:366-70. 2001..5. The boundaries of the conserved segments between human and pig were defined more precisely. This high-resolution comparative map will be a valuable tool for further fine mapping of the QTL area...
- Estimation of the extent of linkage disequilibrium in seven regions of the porcine genomeBart J Jungerius
Department of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Wageningen University, Wageningen, Netherlands
Anim Biotechnol 16:41-54. 2005..Based on SNP markers in four genomic regions analyzed in three panels from populations of Large White, Dutch Landrace, and Meishan origin, useful LD is estimated to extend for approximately 40 to 60 kb in the porcine genome...
- Improving the comparative map of SSC2p-q13 by sample sequencing of BAC clonesA P Rattink
Animal Breeding and Genetics Group, Wageningen Institute of Animal Sciences, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Anim Genet 32:274-80. 2001..The new genes were added to the radiation hybrid map at the same position as the locus from which the BAC that was sequenced was derived. In total 57 genes were placed on the radiation hybrid map of SSC2p-q13...
- Is MYO9B the missing link between schizophrenia and celiac disease?Bart J Jungerius
Complex Genetics Section, DBG Department Medical Genetics, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 147:351-5. 2008..To our knowledge, this is the first molecular genetic evidence for a correlation between autoimmune diseases and the risk of developing schizophrenia...