Affiliation: Queen Mary
- Giovannoni G, Comi G, Cook S, Rammohan K, Rieckmann P, Soelberg Sørensen P, et al. A placebo-controlled trial of oral cladribine for relapsing multiple sclerosis. N Engl J Med. 2010;362:416-26 pubmed publisher..Cladribine provides immunomodulation through selective targeting of lymphocyte subtypes. We report the results of a 96-week phase 3 trial of a short-course oral tablet therapy in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis...
- Kuhle J, Disanto G, Dobson R, Adiutori R, Bianchi L, Topping J, et al. Conversion from clinically isolated syndrome to multiple sclerosis: A large multicentre study. Mult Scler. 2015;21:1013-24 pubmed publisher..We validated MRI lesion load, OCB and age at CIS as the strongest independent predictors of conversion to CDMS in this multicentre setting. A role for vitamin D is suggested but requires further investigation. ..
- Giovannoni G, Cutter G, Pia Sormani M, Belachew S, Hyde R, Koendgen H, et al. Is multiple sclerosis a length-dependent central axonopathy? The case for therapeutic lag and the asynchronous progressive MS hypotheses. Mult Scler Relat Disord. 2017;12:70-78 pubmed publisher..If this hypothesis is confirmed it may have major implications for the future design of progressive MS trials. ..
- Kobelt G, Giovannoni G. Tackling comorbidity in multiple sclerosis. Mult Scler Relat Disord. 2017;17:144-145 pubmed publisher..A holistic approach should combine lifestyle modifications and the use of low-cost, low-risk treatments for common conditions. Such an approach is most effective when all stakeholders share responsibility...
- Rose J, Giovannoni G, Wiendl H, Gold R, Havrdova E, Kappos L, et al. Consistent efficacy of daclizumab beta across patient demographic and disease activity subgroups in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. Mult Scler Relat Disord. 2017;17:32-40 pubmed publisher..In two pivotal studies in relapsing multiple sclerosis (MS), patients treated with daclizumab beta exhibited lower annualized relapse rates (ARR) when compared with placebo or with intramuscular (IM) interferon beta-1a...
- Giovannoni G. Cladribine to Treat Relapsing Forms of Multiple Sclerosis. Neurotherapeutics. 2017;14:874-887 pubmed publisher....