Affiliation: University of Dundee
- Influence of the nuclear membrane, active transport, and cell shape on the Hes1 and p53-Mdm2 pathways: insights from spatio-temporal modellingMarc Sturrock
Division of Mathematics, University of Dundee, Dundee, DD1 4HN, UK
Bull Math Biol 74:1531-79. 2012..For the extended p53-Mdm2 model, we consider the effect of microtubule-disrupting drugs and proteasome inhibitor drugs, obtaining results that are in agreement with experimental studies...
- Spatial stochastic modelling of the Hes1 gene regulatory network: intrinsic noise can explain heterogeneity in embryonic stem cell differentiationMarc Sturrock
Department of Mathematics, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 4HN, UK
J R Soc Interface 10:20120988. 2013..We also propose experiments to control the precise differentiation response using drug treatment...
- Spatio-temporal modelling of the Hes1 and p53-Mdm2 intracellular signalling pathwaysMarc Sturrock
Division of Mathematics, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 4HN, UK
J Theor Biol 273:15-31. 2011..The ability to determine spatial localisation of proteins within the cell is likely to yield fresh insight into a range of cellular diseases such as diabetes and cancer...
- The role of dimerisation and nuclear transport in the Hes1 gene regulatory networkMarc Sturrock
University of Dundee, Dundee, DD1 4HN, UK
Bull Math Biol 76:766-98. 2014....
- A spatio-temporal model of Notch signalling in the zebrafish segmentation clock: conditions for synchronised oscillatory dynamicsAlan J Terry
Division of Mathematics, University of Dundee, Dundee, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e16980. 2011..Our spatially-explicit modelling approach, together with new imaging technologies that can measure intracellular protein diffusion rates, is likely to yield significant new insight into somitogenesis and other biological processes...