Justin D Lathia
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Lathia J, Heddleston J, Venere M, Rich J. Deadly teamwork: neural cancer stem cells and the tumor microenvironment. Cell Stem Cell. 2011;8:482-5 pubmed publisher..The CSC-microenvironment relationship is complex, as CSCs can modify their environment and extrinsic forces induce plasticity in the cellular hierarchy. ..
- Thiagarajan P, Zheng Q, Bhagrath M, Mulkearns Hubert E, Myers M, Lathia J, et al. STAT3 activation by leptin receptor is essential for TNBC stem cell maintenance. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2017;24:415-426 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that LEPRb-induced STAT3 activation is essential for the induction and maintenance of TNBC CSCs. ..
- Lathia J, Hitomi M, Gallagher J, Gadani S, Adkins J, Vasanji A, et al. Distribution of CD133 reveals glioma stem cells self-renew through symmetric and asymmetric cell divisions. Cell Death Dis. 2011;2:e200 pubmed publisher....
- Torre Healy L, Berezovsky A, Lathia J. Isolation, Characterization, and Expansion of Cancer Stem Cells. Methods Mol Biol. 2017;1553:133-143 pubmed publisher....
- Lathia J, Liu H. Overview of Cancer Stem Cells and Stemness for Community Oncologists. Target Oncol. 2017;12:387-399 pubmed publisher....
- Saygin C, Wiechert A, Rao V, Alluri R, Connor E, Thiagarajan P, et al. CD55 regulates self-renewal and cisplatin resistance in endometrioid tumors. J Exp Med. 2017;214:2715-2732 pubmed publisher....
- Hitomi M, Deleyrolle L, Mulkearns Hubert E, Jarrar A, Li M, Sinyuk M, et al. Differential connexin function enhances self-renewal in glioblastoma. Cell Rep. 2015;11:1031-42 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate a pro-tumorigenic role for gap junctions that is dependent on connexin expression. ..
- Lathia J, Li M, Hall P, Gallagher J, Hale J, Wu Q, et al. Laminin alpha 2 enables glioblastoma stem cell growth. Ann Neurol. 2012;72:766-78 pubmed publisher....
- Alvarado A, Thiagarajan P, Mulkearns Hubert E, Silver D, Hale J, Alban T, et al. Glioblastoma Cancer Stem Cells Evade Innate Immune Suppression of Self-Renewal through Reduced TLR4 Expression. Cell Stem Cell. 2017;20:450-461.e4 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a mechanism through which CSCs persist in hostile environments because of an inability to respond to inflammatory signals. ..