Carmen J Marsit
Affiliation: Dartmouth Medical School
- Marsit C, Maccani M, Padbury J, Lester B. Placental 11-beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase methylation is associated with newborn growth and a measure of neurobehavioral outcome. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33794 pubmed publisher....
- Armstrong D, Lesseur C, Conradt E, Lester B, Marsit C. Global and gene-specific DNA methylation across multiple tissues in early infancy: implications for children's health research. FASEB J. 2014;28:2088-97 pubmed publisher..Each tissue has a unique epigenetic signature that likely reflects their differential functions. Future studies should consider the uniqueness of these features, to improve epigenetic biomarker discovery and translation. ..
- Green B, Armstrong D, Lesseur C, Paquette A, Guerin D, Kwan L, et al. The Role of Placental 11-Beta Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase Type 1 and Type 2 Methylation on Gene Expression and Infant Birth Weight. Biol Reprod. 2015;92:149 pubmed publisher..Our work is one of the first comprehensive views of DNA methylation and expression in the placenta for both HSD11B types 1 and 2, linking epigenetic alterations with the regulation of fetal stress and birth weight outcomes. ..
- Houseman E, Kelsey K, Wiencke J, Marsit C. Cell-composition effects in the analysis of DNA methylation array data: a mathematical perspective. BMC Bioinformatics. 2015;16:95 pubmed publisher..e. apparent effects arising from differences in cell composition) from those that are not cell mediated, and that in general the interpretation of associations evident from DNA methylation should be carefully considered. ..
- Maccani J, Koestler D, Houseman E, Armstrong D, Marsit C, Kelsey K. DNA methylation changes in the placenta are associated with fetal manganese exposure. Reprod Toxicol. 2015;57:43-9 pubmed publisher..44g. Our observations suggest a link between prenatal micronutrient levels, placental epigenetic status and birth weight, although these preliminary results require validation. ..
- Houseman E, Accomando W, Koestler D, Christensen B, Marsit C, Nelson H, et al. DNA methylation arrays as surrogate measures of cell mixture distribution. BMC Bioinformatics. 2012;13:86 pubmed publisher..Our method, in combination with an appropriate external validation set, promises new opportunities for large-scale immunological studies of both disease states and noxious exposures. ..