I P Pogribny
Affiliation: Food and Drug Administration
- Pogribny I, Rusyn I. Role of epigenetic aberrations in the development and progression of human hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Lett. 2014;342:223-30 pubmed publisher....
- Pogribny I, Tryndyak V, Muskhelishvili L, Rusyn I, Ross S. Methyl deficiency, alterations in global histone modifications, and carcinogenesis. J Nutr. 2007;137:216S-222S pubmed publisher..These results illustrate the complexity and importance of histone modification changes in the etiology of hepatocarcinogenesis induced by MDD. ..
- Pogribny I, Muskhelishvili L, Tryndyak V, Beland F. The tumor-promoting activity of 2-acetylaminofluorene is associated with disruption of the p53 signaling pathway and the balance between apoptosis and cell proliferation. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2009;235:305-11 pubmed publisher....
- Pogribny I, Tryndyak V, Bagnyukova T, Melnyk S, Montgomery B, Ross S, et al. Hepatic epigenetic phenotype predetermines individual susceptibility to hepatic steatosis in mice fed a lipogenic methyl-deficient diet. J Hepatol. 2009;51:176-86 pubmed publisher....
- Pogribny I, Kutanzi K, Melnyk S, de Conti A, Tryndyak V, Montgomery B, et al. Strain-dependent dysregulation of one-carbon metabolism in male mice is associated with choline- and folate-deficient diet-induced liver injury. FASEB J. 2013;27:2233-43 pubmed publisher....
- de Conti A, Tryndyak V, Doerge D, Beland F, Pogribny I. Irreversible down-regulation of miR-375 in the livers of Fischer 344 rats after chronic furan exposure. Food Chem Toxicol. 2016;98:2-10 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study support the hypothesis of the non-genotoxic mode of action of furan and emphasize the importance of epigenetic alterations in the mechanism of furan hepatotoxicity. ..
- Dreval K, de Conti A, Furuya S, Beland F, Rusyn I, Pogribny I. miR-1247 blocks SOX9-mediated regeneration in alcohol- and fibrosis-associated acute kidney injury in mice. Toxicology. 2017;384:40-49 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study demonstrate a functional role of epigenetic mechanisms in AKI and indicate the importance of correcting the epigenetic dysregulation for proper renal tubule maintenance and repair. ..
- de Conti A, Dreval K, Tryndyak V, Orisakwe O, Ross S, Beland F, et al. Inhibition of the Cell Death Pathway in Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH)-Related Hepatocarcinogenesis Is Associated with Histone H4 lysine 16 Deacetylation. Mol Cancer Res. 2017;15:1163-1172 pubmed publisher..b>Implications: Histone H4K16 deacetylation induces silencing of genes related to the cell death that occurred during the development of NASH-related HCC. Mol Cancer Res; 15(9); 1163-72. ©2017 AACR. ..
- de Conti A, Beland F, Pogribny I. The role of epigenomic alterations in furan-induced hepatobiliary pathologies. Food Chem Toxicol. 2017;109:677-682 pubmed publisher..It also illustrates the potential role of epigenetic alterations as indicators for carcinogen exposure and for identification of carcinogens, especially those with non-genotoxic mechanisms of action. ..
- Kindrat I, Dreval K, Shpyleva S, Tryndyak V, de Conti A, Mudalige T, et al. Effect of methapyrilene hydrochloride on hepatic intracellular iron metabolism in vivo and in vitro. Toxicol Lett. 2017;281:65-73 pubmed publisher....
- Pogribny I, Dreval K, Kindrat I, Melnyk S, Jimenez L, de Conti A, et al. Epigenetically mediated inhibition of S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase and the associated dysregulation of 1-carbon metabolism in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis and hepatocellular carcinoma. FASEB J. 2017;: pubmed publisher..James, S. J., Rusyn, I., Beland, F. A. Epigenetically mediated inhibition of S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase and the associated dysregulation of 1-carbon metabolism in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis and hepatocellular carcinoma. ..