Affiliation: Harvard University
- Aberrant posttranscriptional processing of hyaluronan synthase 1 in malignant transformation and tumor progressionSophia Adamia
Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA Electronic address
Adv Cancer Res 123:67-94. 2014..We speculate that synthesis of intracellular HA plays a fundamental and early role in oncogenesis by promoting genetic instability and the emergence of viable cancer variants that lead to aggressive disease. ..
- Alternative splicing in chronic myeloid leukemia (CML): a novel therapeutic target?Sophia Adamia
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA, USA 02215
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 13:735-48. 2013..Herein we discuss potential therapeutic approaches that can be used to target splicing abnormalities in CML. ..
- Aberrant splicing, hyaluronan synthases and intracellular hyaluronan as drivers of oncogenesis and potential drug targetsSophia Adamia
Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 13:347-61. 2013..In conclusion, we emphasize that specific gene splice variants and the splicing process itself offer potential targets for novel drug treatment strategies...
- The dChip survival analysis module for microarray dataSamir B Amin
Department of Biostatistics and Computational Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard School of Public Health, 450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 12:72. 2011..However, there is no software that can perform survival analysis using SNP array data or draw survival curves interactively for expression-based sample clusters...
- NOTCH2 and FLT3 gene mis-splicings are common events in patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML): new potential targets in AMLSophia Adamia
Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, and
Blood 123:2816-25. 2014..Thus, splice variants of these genes might provide disease markers and targets for novel therapeutics. ..
- Increased incidence of transformation and myelodysplasia/acute leukemia in patients with Waldenström macroglobulinemia treated with nucleoside analogsXavier Leleu
Bing Center for Waldenstrom s Macroglobulinemia, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:250-5. 2009....
- Genetic abnormalities in Waldenström's macroglobulinemiaSophia Adamia
Department of Oncology, University of Alberta, and Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 9:30-2. 2009..This suggests that acquired HAS1 mutations precede frank malignancy and might contribute to the initial transforming events in WM as well as to disease progression...
- A genome-wide aberrant RNA splicing in patients with acute myeloid leukemia identifies novel potential disease markers and therapeutic targetsSophia Adamia
Authors Affiliations Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts Bioinformatics and Computational Genomics Laboratory, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada Department of Computing Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Center for Cancer Systems Biology and Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston University School of Medicine and Biomedical Engineering Department, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts Unité de Génomique du Myélome, Laboratoire UGM, University Hospital, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France Hematology laboratory, University Hospital and INSERM U892, Nantes, France Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts Biotique Systems Inc, www biotiquesystems com Adult Leukemia Program, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts Biostatistics and Computational Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts
Clin Cancer Res 20:1135-45. 2014..We investigated genome-wide splicing abnormalities in AML and based on these abnormalities, we aimed to identify novel potential biomarkers and therapeutic targets...
- Lenalidomide targets clonogenic side population in multiple myeloma: pathophysiologic and clinical implicationsJana Jakubikova
Jerome Lipper Multiple Myeloma Center, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Department of Medical Oncology, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 117:4409-19. 2011..Our studies demonstrate a novel mechanism of action for lenalidomide, namely targeting SP fraction, providing the framework for new therapeutic strategies targeting subpopulations of MM cells including presumptive stem cells...
- Reversible resistance induced by FLT3 inhibition: a novel resistance mechanism in mutant FLT3-expressing cellsEllen Weisberg
Department of Medical Oncology Hematologic Neoplasia, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e25351. 2011..Thus, there is a need for identification of molecular mechanisms of clinical resistance to these drugs. In response, we characterized MOLM13 AML cell lines made resistant to two structurally-independent FLT3 inhibitors...
- Expression of regulatory genes for lymphoplasmacytic cell differentiation in Waldenstrom MacroglobulinemiaXavier Leleu
Bing Center for Waldenstrom s Macroglobulinemia and Harvard Medical School, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Br J Haematol 145:59-63. 2009..These data depict for the first time a heterogeneous expression pattern of the genes involved in late differentiation process of plasma cells in patients with WM and propose a role of XBP1-ERN1alpha in WM pathogenesis...