Affiliation: Harvard University
- Dou R, Nishihara R, Cao Y, Hamada T, Mima K, Masuda A, et al. MicroRNA let-7, T Cells, and Patient Survival in Colorectal Cancer. Cancer Immunol Res. 2016;4:927-935 pubmed..Our data support the role of let-7a in suppressing antitumor immunity in colorectal cancer and suggest let-7a as a potential target of immunotherapy. Cancer Immunol Res; 4(11); 927-35. ©2016 AACR. ..
- Masugi Y, Nishihara R, Hamada T, Song M, da Silva A, Kosumi K, et al. Tumor PDCD1LG2 (PD-L2) Expression and the Lymphocytic Reaction to Colorectal Cancer. Cancer Immunol Res. 2017;5:1046-1055 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Immunol Res; 5(11); 1046-55. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Ogino S, Brahmandam M, Cantor M, Namgyal C, Kawasaki T, Kirkner G, et al. Distinct molecular features of colorectal carcinoma with signet ring cell component and colorectal carcinoma with mucinous component. Mod Pathol. 2006;19:59-68 pubmed..Signet ring cell carcinoma and mucinous carcinoma are related subtypes of colorectal adenocarcinoma, but have molecular features distinct from each other...
- Ogino S, Kawasaki T, Ogawa A, Kirkner G, Loda M, Fuchs C. TGFBR2 mutation is correlated with CpG island methylator phenotype in microsatellite instability-high colorectal cancer. Hum Pathol. 2007;38:614-20 pubmed....
- Ogino S, Nosho K, Irahara N, Shima K, Baba Y, Kirkner G, et al. Prognostic significance and molecular associations of 18q loss of heterozygosity: a cohort study of microsatellite stable colorectal cancers. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:4591-8 pubmed publisher..54). Multivariate analysis did not show prognostic significance of 18q LOH. In our large prospective study of patients with non-MSI-high colorectal cancer, 18q LOH or allelic imbalance was not associated with patient survival. ..
- Mehta R, Song M, Nishihara R, Drew D, Wu K, Qian Z, et al. Dietary Patterns and Risk of Colorectal Cancer: Analysis by Tumor Location and Molecular Subtypes. Gastroenterology. 2017;152:1944-1953.e1 pubmed publisher..In contrast, prudent dietary patterns are associated with a lower risk of CRC that does not vary according to anatomic subsite or molecular subtype. ..
- Liu L, Nishihara R, Qian Z, Tabung F, Nevo D, Zhang X, et al. Association Between Inflammatory Diet Pattern and Risk of Colorectal Carcinoma Subtypes Classified by Immune Responses to Tumor. Gastroenterology. 2017;: pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that diet-related inflammation might contribute to development of colorectal cancer, by suppressing the adaptive anti-tumor immune response. ..
- Ogino S, Kawasaki T, Ogawa A, Kirkner G, Loda M, Fuchs C. Cytoplasmic localization of p27 (cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1B/KIP1) in colorectal cancer: inverse correlations with nuclear p27 loss, microsatellite instability, and CpG island methylator phenotype. Hum Pathol. 2007;38:585-92 pubmed....
- Ogino S, Kawasaki T, Kirkner G, Kraft P, Loda M, Fuchs C. Evaluation of markers for CpG island methylator phenotype (CIMP) in colorectal cancer by a large population-based sample. J Mol Diagn. 2007;9:305-14 pubmed..In conclusion, a panel of markers including at least RUNX3, CACNA1G, IGF2, and MLH1 can serve as a sensitive and specific marker panel for CIMP-high. ..
- Ogino S, Nosho K, Meyerhardt J, Kirkner G, Chan A, Kawasaki T, et al. Cohort study of fatty acid synthase expression and patient survival in colon cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2008;26:5713-20 pubmed publisher..5 kg/m(2)), FASN overexpression may predict a worse outcome. ..
- Ogino S, Shima K, Meyerhardt J, McCleary N, Ng K, Hollis D, et al. Predictive and prognostic roles of BRAF mutation in stage III colon cancer: results from intergroup trial CALGB 89803. Clin Cancer Res. 2012;18:890-900 pubmed publisher..We examined the effect of BRAF mutation on survival and treatment efficacy in patients with stage III colon cancer...
- Giannakis M, Mu X, Shukla S, Qian Z, Cohen O, Nishihara R, et al. Genomic Correlates of Immune-Cell Infiltrates in Colorectal Carcinoma. Cell Rep. 2016;: pubmed publisher..These results may inform immunotherapeutic approaches in CRC. More generally, this study demonstrates a framework for future integrative molecular epidemiology research in colorectal and other malignancies...
- Hanyuda A, Cao Y, Hamada T, Nowak J, Qian Z, Masugi Y, et al. Body mass index and risk of colorectal carcinoma subtypes classified by tumor differentiation status. Eur J Epidemiol. 2017;32:393-407 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that carcinogenic influence of excess energy balance might be stronger for tumors that retain better intestinal differentiation throughout the tumor areas. ..
- Nishihara R, Glass K, Mima K, Hamada T, Nowak J, Qian Z, et al. Biomarker correlation network in colorectal carcinoma by tumor anatomic location. BMC Bioinformatics. 2017;18:304 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight the importance of considering multiple correlated pathways for therapeutic targets especially in proximal colon cancer. ..