Robert K Flamm
Affiliation: JMI Laboratories
- Flamm R, Farrell D, Mendes R, Ross J, Sader H, Jones R. LEADER surveillance program results for 2010: an activity and spectrum analysis of linezolid using 6801 clinical isolates from the United States (61 medical centers). Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2012;74:54-61 pubmed publisher..The LEADER program continues to provide valuable reference and molecular-level monitoring of linezolid activity. ..
- Flamm R, Mendes R, Ross J, Sader H, Jones R. An international activity and spectrum analysis of linezolid: ZAAPS Program results for 2011. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2013;76:206-13 pubmed publisher..As the activities of commonly used antimicrobials continue to be compromised by evolving resistance mechanisms in Gram-positive pathogens, linezolid-resistant strains remain uncommon and without increasing occurrence. ..
- Flamm R, Rhomberg P, Simpson K, Farrell D, Sader H, Jones R. In vitro spectrum of pexiganan activity when tested against pathogens from diabetic foot infections and with selected resistance mechanisms. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2015;59:1751-4 pubmed publisher..The "all organism" MIC90 of 32 μg/ml for pexiganan in this study was >250-fold below the pexiganan concentration in the cream/delivery vehicle being developed for topical use. ..
- Pfaller M, Rhomberg P, Huband M, Flamm R. Activities of Omadacycline and Comparator Agents against Staphylococcus aureus Isolates from a Surveillance Program Conducted in North America and Europe. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2017;61: pubmed publisher..The potent activity of omadacycline against S. aureus indicates that omadacycline merits further study in serious infections where multidrug resistance may be a concern. ..
- Pfaller M, Huband M, Rhomberg P, Flamm R. Surveillance of Omadacycline Activity against Clinical Isolates from a Global Collection (North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia-Western Pacific), 2010-2011. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2017;61: pubmed publisher....
- Flamm R, Farrell D, Rhomberg P, Scangarella Oman N, Sader H. Gepotidacin (GSK2140944) In Vitro Activity against Gram-Positive and Gram-Negative Bacteria. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2017;61: pubmed publisher....
- Flamm R, Mendes R, Hogan P, Ross J, Farrell D, Jones R. In vitro activity of linezolid as assessed through the 2013 LEADER surveillance program. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2015;81:283-9 pubmed publisher..aureus and 1 E. faecium) harbored the cfr resistance mechanism. The findings indicate that linezolid activity remains stable, although there are examples of clonal dissemination within several monitored institutions. ..
- Farrell D, Sader H, Rhomberg P, Scangarella Oman N, Flamm R. In Vitro Activity of Gepotidacin (GSK2140944) against Neisseria gonorrhoeae. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2017;61: pubmed publisher..5 to >2.5 h, and the PAE-SME was >2.5 h. These in vitro data indicate that further study of gepotidacin is warranted for potential use in treating infections caused by N. gonorrhoeae. ..
- Pfaller M, Sader H, Rhomberg P, Flamm R. In Vitro Activity of Delafloxacin against Contemporary Bacterial Pathogens from the United States and Europe, 2014. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2017;61: pubmed publisher..Delafloxacin was shown to be active against organisms that may be encountered in acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections, respiratory infections, and urinary tract infections. ..
- Flamm R, Rhomberg P, Sader H. In Vitro Activity of the Novel Lactone Ketolide Nafithromycin (WCK 4873) against Contemporary Clinical Bacteria from a Global Surveillance Program. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2017;61: pubmed publisher..Overall, nafithromycin showed potent in vitro activity against a broad range of contemporary (2014) global pathogens. These results support the continued clinical development of nafithromycin for treatment of CABP...
- Flamm R, Sader H, Castanheira M, Jones R. The application of in vitro surveillance data for antibacterial dose selection. Curr Opin Pharmacol. 2017;36:130-138 pubmed publisher..These data enable the optimal use of antibacterial agents in an environment in which we face changing and challenging bacterial pathogens...