Affiliation: Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Location: Baltimore, USA
- Witwer K. Circulating microRNA biomarker studies: pitfalls and potential solutions. Clin Chem. 2015;61:56-63 pubmed publisher..Careful optimization and standardization of preanalytical and analytical methods is needed to ensure that future results, positive or negative, are reliable. ..
- Witwer K, Sisk J, Gama L, Clements J. MicroRNA regulation of IFN-beta protein expression: rapid and sensitive modulation of the innate immune response. J Immunol. 2010;184:2369-76 pubmed publisher..Thus, miRNAs may contribute significantly to the regulation of IFN-beta in innate immune responses. ..
- Witwer K, Sarbanes S, Liu J, Clements J. A plasma microRNA signature of acute lentiviral infection: biomarkers of central nervous system disease. AIDS. 2011;25:2057-67 pubmed publisher....
- Witwer K, Watson A, Blankson J, Clements J. Relationships of PBMC microRNA expression, plasma viral load, and CD4+ T-cell count in HIV-1-infected elite suppressors and viremic patients. Retrovirology. 2012;9:5 pubmed publisher..Using samples from a well-characterized ES cohort, untreated viremic patients, and uninfected controls, we explored the PBMC miRNA profile and probed the relationships of miRNA expression, CD4+ T-cell counts, and viral load...
- Liu J, Sisk J, Gama L, Clements J, Witwer K. Tristetraprolin expression and microRNA-mediated regulation during simian immunodeficiency virus infection of the central nervous system. Mol Brain. 2013;6:40 pubmed publisher....
- Liao Z, Muth D, Eitan E, Travers M, Learman L, Lehrmann E, et al. Serum extracellular vesicle depletion processes affect release and infectivity of HIV-1 in culture. Sci Rep. 2017;7:2558 pubmed publisher....