Roy O Mathew
- The endothelium as the common denominator in malignant hypertension and thrombotic microangiopathyRoy O Mathew
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Albany Stratton VA Medical Center, Albany, NY, USA Department of Medicine, Jersey Shore University Medical Center, Neptune, NJ, USA Electronic address
J Am Soc Hypertens 10:352-9. 2016..Currently, available therapies target the underlying mechanisms that lead to endothelial injury in these conditions. Ongoing investigations aim at identifying drugs that protect the endothelium. ..
- Diagnosis and management of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease in chronic kidney disease: a reviewRoy O Mathew
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, WJB Dorn VA Medical Center, Columbia, South Carolina, USA Electronic address
Kidney Int . 2016..Data from well-designed randomized controlled trials are needed to guide clinicians who care for this high-risk population in the management of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease to improve clinical outcomes...
- Factors associated with potentially preventable hospitalization among nursing home residents in New York State with chronic kidney diseaseRoy Mathew
Stratton VA Medical Center, Albany, NY 12208, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 13:337-43. 2012..Identify clinical and organizational factors associated with potentially preventable ambulatory care sensitive (ACS) hospitalization among nursing home residents with chronic kidney disease...
- Renal kallikrein excretion and epigenetics in human acute kidney injury: expression, mechanisms and consequencesSun Woo Kang
Department of Nephrology, Inje University, Busan, South Korea
BMC Nephrol 12:27. 2011..Therefore we first examined KLK1 renal excretion in human AKI, and then probed potential endocrine and epigenetic mechanisms for its alterations...
- Blood pressure recordings during hemodialysis access interventions: implications for acute managementArif Asif
Albany Medical College and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Albany, NY, USA
Semin Dial 26:E30-2. 2013....
- Effect of extended-release niacin on cardiovascular events and kidney function in chronic kidney disease: a post hoc analysis of the AIM-HIGH trialRoberto S Kalil
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Kidney Int 87:1250-7. 2015....
- Role of T-regulatory cells in the response to hepatitis B vaccine in hemodialysis patientsRoy O Mathew
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Stratton Veterans Affair Medical Center, Albany, New York, USA
Hemodial Int 20:242-52. 2016....
- Community-acquired acute kidney injury: A challenge and opportunity for primary care in kidney healthPaul Der Mesropian
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Stratton Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Albany, New York, USA
Nephrology (Carlton) 21:729-35. 2016..In the meantime, a concerted effort by general internists and nephrologists will be needed to prevent CA-AKI in the highest risk patients and thus limit the poor outcomes associated with this entity. ..
- Effect of comorbidity on functional recovery after hip fracture in the elderlyRoy O Mathew
Albany Stratton VA Medical Center, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 92:686-96. 2013....
- Radial artery harvest: a potential cause of arteriovenous access-associated hand ischemiaArif Asif
Albany Medical College and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Semin Dial 26:E17-9. 2013..We suggest that the contralateral extremity should be considered if an arteriovenous access is required to minimize this risk of this phenomenon...
- Is nephrology specialty at risk?Sean D Kalloo
Columbia University, Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology and Director of Interventional Nephrology, New York, New York, USA
Kidney Int 90:31-3. 2016..This decline is reflected in a significant increment in unfilled fellowship training spots for several years. Interventional nephrology can help to reinvigorate an interest in nephrology as a whole. ..