Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Carreau N, Tremblay D, Savona M, Kremyanskaya M, Mascarenhas J. Ironing out the details of iron overload in myelofibrosis: Lessons from myelodysplastic syndromes. Blood Rev. 2016;30:349-56 pubmed publisher..This manuscript reviews known and potential implications of IO in MF and highlights the need for prospective clinical investigations of ICT with consideration in the setting of JAK2 inhibitor therapy. ..
- Keyzner A, Han S, Shapiro S, Moshier E, Schorr E, Petersen B, et al. Outcome of Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation for Patients with Chronic and Advanced Phase Myelofibrosis. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2016;22:2180-2186 pubmed publisher..Baseline splenomegaly did not affect transplantation outcomes. Given the particularly poor outcomes seen in the unrelated donor cohort here and elsewhere, a formal exploration of alternative hematopoietic stem cell sources is warranted. ..
- Choi D, Tremblay D, Iancu Rubin C, Mascarenhas J. Programmed cell death-1 pathway inhibition in myeloid malignancies: implications for myeloproliferative neoplasms. Ann Hematol. 2017;96:919-927 pubmed publisher..The current understanding of immune dysfunction in MPNs and analogous MyMs offers a compelling rationale to study PD-1/PD-L1 inhibition in patients as a novel treatment option. ..
- Tremblay D, Marcellino B, Mascarenhas J. Pharmacotherapy of Myelofibrosis. Drugs. 2017;77:1549-1563 pubmed publisher..This review highlights the current landscape of MF pharmacotherapy and explores therapeutic advances underway. ..
- Mesa R, Miller C, Thyne M, Mangan J, Goldberger S, Fazal S, et al. Myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPNs) have a significant impact on patients' overall health and productivity: the MPN Landmark survey. BMC Cancer. 2016;16:167 pubmed publisher....